January 2011 Moms
Options

Bottle Recommendation?

I am breastfeeding my LO and when I go back to work I need to get bottles----Any recommendations of good bottles that are natural enough to the breast and dont allow too much air? I only have to go back to work one day but for this day and anytime I need to leave the house want to get a good bottle but something as natuarla as I can so she still takes the breast--since this is my first child Im kinda clueless when it comes to bottles! Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottle Recommendation?

• Options
    We are also breast feeding and my LO likes the Dr. Brown bottles with the level one nipple.  We just make sure to burp her every once so she doesn't get too gassy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love the breastflow bottles and they keep my LO frOm drinking too fast which he was doing with other bottles then getting mad with nursing. They are a lil annoying that you have to drain the milk from the nipple but have done wonders helping him switch between nursing and bottle
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for your comments--I do have one Dr. Brown bottle and after looking up the breastflow bottle I am definitely going to try that. It got great reviews--

-Question for HugginAngel--Do you still Nurse AND use the bottle? Just want to see if your LO transfers back to the breast okay after taking the bottle.

• Options
    We use playtex drop-ins and have since she was 4 weeks old.  She is a gassy baby and these seem to help.  She's also had no problems going back and forth between breast and bottle.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I friend recommended the Playtex Ventaire and I LOVE them. Much more inexpensive, and little issues with gas and spit up. My LO rarely even burps. 
  • Options
    I swear by Tommee Tippee bottles
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I second the Tommee Tippee rec.
  • Options
    I use Tommee Tippee and have absolutely zero problems with them.  The nipples are supposed to be most like a mother's nipple, so that may make it easier to transition from breast to bottle. GL !!!
  • Options
    DH gives a bottle of pumped breastmilk once a day, and has since day 1 because we had to supplement initially on her first day as she wouldn't swallow on the boob (that got fixed by day 2).  We use Dr Brown's.  LO has had no issue going back to the boob or taking the bottle.
  • Options
    We use Dr. Brown (glass and plastic), the Medela freeze & store bottles and Evenflo glass.  Her least favorite is the Evenflo, and I think it's because the nipple doesn't have the twisty vent things like the Medela & Dr. Brown's.  Her favorite is Dr. Brown's, I think because the inner nonsense makes it easier for her to eat.  My H's least favorite is the Dr. Brown's, because all the inner nonsense has to be assembled properly or else the bottles leak.
  • Options

imageRachelMarie83:
    We are also breast feeding and my LO likes the Dr. Brown bottles with the level one nipple.  We just make sure to burp her every once so she doesn't get too gassy.

We also breastfeed and use Dr. Brown's bottles.  I started out with level 1 nipples but downgraded to the preemie nipples at my LC's suggestion.  He does great with them.

Good luck!

ETA: He switches back and forth between breast and bottle with no issues whatsoever.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    We used playtex drop ins and playtex ventaire both worked very well. We used there wide nipple. They are supposed to be more like the breast.
  • Options
    We also use the Playtex Drop-Ins. I've had to supplement since day 1 (breast reduction surgery affects my supply) and go back and forth from nursing to bottle with no problems.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imageDeanne Shehane:
    I friend recommended the Playtex Ventaire and I LOVE them. Much more inexpensive, and little issues with gas and spit up. My LO rarely even burps. 

I just switched to these as well and LOVE them!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"