Special Needs

EE moms who have done enteral formula only diets

Was there anything else that your DC could have besides formula and water?  We saw the allergist on Wednesday and are startingt tomorrow and I really don't know how this is going to go with DC.  I have calls into the nutritionist, but she is off until Tuesday and a call into the NP and doctor, but neither of them work on Fridays. 

TIA!

Re: EE moms who have done enteral formula only diets

• When we do the Formula only (which we may be doing again soon ) the only thing we do besides formula / water is prune juice. The elecare constipates him, and it is the only way to keep him pooping. 
    Katherine Proud Mommy and Foster Mommy
  • You might want to go on the Kids with Food Allergies website.  There are lots of EE moms there.  I don't know much about EE, we have severe food allergies only. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My son has EE.  He is on Neocate Jr. only.  He gets it through a feeding tube though.  He used to drink some orally, but not much.  The only other thing he gets is water.  We haven't found a food yet that he can handle. 

He does get constipated as well, but he takes Miralax for that.  Hope that helps.  Please let me know if you have any other EE related questions, and good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"