Preemies
Options

Great meeting with Neo...

So today was our first "meeting" with the Neo to discuss the twins. I was so nervous, but he had nothing but wonderful things to say about both babies. We talked more indepth about Addison's brain bleeds and how they could effect her in the long term which really help put my mind at ease. He also told us that over night Addison made some huge progress. She is finally on the regular vent and is doing much better. They think that if she continues to progress she should be on CPAP by Monday.

They are also weening back  her sedation and have started small feeds. This was a huge jump from the night before. Blake is also doing well with all of his feeds and is holding his own on the CPAP. I am enjoying kangaroo care with him daily now and will also get to do the same starting today with Addison. I am looking forward to holding our little girl for the first time.

Dh and I both said how relieved  we were walking out of the Nicu yesterday after meeting with the Neo. And I swear, I've done fine as far as energy up until now, but it must have been nervous energy. As soon as we left there today I felt like I was going to crash and could do so peacefully.

I know we've got a long road ahead but I sure and greatful for the good news for a change.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Great meeting with Neo...

• Options

Enjoy holding your little girl today. Take lots of pictures and don't forget to smile.

I'm so happy to hear that both babies are making huge leaps and bounds. Please keep us posted. 

• Options
    So happy for u that u got some good news:) Thinking about u AND YOUR SWEET TWINS!  Tammy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Take tons of pictures and enjoy every moment! I'm glad to hear the good news.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so glad you're getting some good news, and had a good meeting with the Neo.  And to hold your little girl - AWESOME!!  Enjoy every second!
  • Options
    I'm so happy things are going well!!!  Enjoy holding your baby girl today, I'm so happy you finally get to hold there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"