Hawaii Babies

AW: happy birthday to my baby boy

ugh - pics will be up shortly.  still learning how to PIP on my mac 

we had such a great time on our mini vacation to disneyland despite the rain.  Jack will not remember it but I know he had a great time and it was great to spend time with our family and especially our niece.  Jack loved the music everywhere (we got awesome videos of him dancing all over the place) and enjoyed rides and liked most characters.  He snuggled right into pooh and tried to run after ariel after "winking" (he blinks with both eyes when trying to impress someone).

Birthday morning dancing by the castle (early entry)

birthday breakfast (b/c this character breakfast went so well we did another one at our hotel the day we left)

Re: AW: happy birthday to my baby boy

• Hooray! Love the pics! Yay Jack...Happy Birthday! FWIW, we always try to do D-land this time of year...it's SO less crowded and more comfortable, weather-wise, than summer. Even with rain...since many of the attractions are indoors anyway. We just bundle up and have a blast! Looks like you all did too.
  • Happy Birthday Jack!!!  Love those pictures!  I wish Disneyland or Disneyworld were closer to us!  I would love to bring Adair to meet the characters...soon enough!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy 1st Birthday Jack!!! Love the pics!

What rides was he able to ride? How long did you guys get to stay before he needed a nap?

• Happy Birthday Jack!!!  Cute pictures :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • imagejaysgirljulie:

What rides was he able to ride? How long did you guys get to stay before he needed a nap?

He rode plenty of rides.  I knew he would probably like rides because his face lights up when he sees the carousel at the zoo and he giggles when it goes up and down.  He enjoyed: flying Dumbo, the teacups, peter pan, the story book cruise, the jungle cruise (loved the elephants), the circus train, the buzz lightyear ride with the guns, and danced the whole way through Small World (too MANY times to count), and also really enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean (he waved at the pirates, pointed out the dogs, laughed at the dips, and bobbed his head to the music), he also loved walking around in toon town - especially Mickey's house. In CA Adventure he liked the bug's life area, the big mickey wheel, the toy story ride, and the carousel and liked the little stage shows they put on at different places.   

Pirates, Small World, and Mickey's House were definitely his favorites but everything seemed to capture his attention.

As for naps our plan was to take him back to the room, but he always just fell asleep in his stroller about every 3 hours so one of us (there were 8 adults in our party) would find a quiet place and just sit down while he napped. 

We though our 3 year old niece would be more fun than Jack but she was actually scared of all the characters (except Ariel and Minnie Mouse) and refused to go on any rides except dumbo and small world after thinking that Peter Pan was scary.  I think she did eventually say she wanted to go on the circus train ride and the carousel, but that is it.  They took her back to the room for her afternoon nap at the normal time every day.

• happy birthday Jack! He is so adorable -- glad you guys had fun at Disneyland! What a great way to celebrate for both baby AND parents :)
  • Yaaaay happy birthday! Party!!!

Also, now I want to go to Disneyland. Stick out tongue

• Happy Birthday to you, Jack!  It feels like yesterday that you posted a photo of him on FB when he was just born... time flies.  Loved the photos from your trip, what a memorable time you had.  
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Aww Happy Birthday, Jack!! Looks like you guys had a great trip to Disneyland :)
  • Happy birthday to him!  What awesome pictures!  He looks like he had a blast.
  • LOVE the photos!  so glad he had such a great time Big SmileParty!!!  happy birthday Jack!!
  • Happy first birthday Jack!  Congratulations on your first year as a mama!
  • awww happy birthday Jack! he's adorable and it sounds like he had a blast!  Miss A went when she was just 8 months old so she liked it but did not have as much fun as he did.  i forgot to remind you to make sure and do the rider switch pass* if he was sleeping...but next time maybe!

* get a pass and others in your group wait in line for the ride while 2 others stay with baby....after the others get off the ride they give the 2 others the pass and they cut to the front and go straight on

• Saw a lot of these on FB! SUPER cute =) Glad u guys had a great time! Happy Birthday J!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"