Single Parents

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I have baby fever so ridiculously bad. I want to be pregnant NOW. Which probably isn't the best idea given the circumstances.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a dream last night about a former student. We went out drinking and dancing. It was juuuust a little weird.

I've spent the past hour researching swing sets to buy. I can't decide if I want a large metal one with all the bells and whistles, or a smaller wood one that looks a bit chintzy.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebeccaga16:
    While I am putting the majority of my tax return into my lawyer fees and savings... I am using a little to take a small trip to the Jersey Shore! I want the baby to experience the beach for the first time :)
    Becca, I spend my summers at the Jersey Shore. Where do you go?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • Options

Wow, it's slow today.

I'll post another. This might make me some enemies, but it's something that bothers me sometimes about posts on this board.

I see nothing wrong with a father wanting a paternity test.

We say over and over again, nice gets you nowhere, make sure you protect yourself, etc. So if the situation were reversed and you weren't carrying the baby yourself and therefore knowing 100% it was yours, wouldn't you want the same thing? Or would you really TRUST your ex, the way you expect them to trust you?

That isn't directed at anyone specific. I'm just saying that people always seem appalled when the father requests the test. I don't see why anyone would expect him to not protect himself.

• Options
    I want to meet the ex's new girlfriend before she is around C.
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • Options

My bikini just arrived in the mail.  The one that I ordered when J and I were still together.  I had been thinking about the summer and how fun it would be to wear the bikini on his boat. 

The mean, vindictive, biatch in me kind of wants to text him a picture of me wearing it.  Just so he can have a little food for thought.  I probably won't but thinking about it is fun, nonetheless.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebeccaga16:

imageMeliss227:
    imagebeccaga16:
    While I am putting the majority of my tax return into my lawyer fees and savings... I am using a little to take a small trip to the Jersey Shore! I want the baby to experience the beach for the first time :)
    Becca, I spend my summers at the Jersey Shore. Where do you go?

Wildwood! My grandparents owned a house their till a few years ago and we went there every summer. I am thinking of going to staying in one of the 50's style motels this year :)

C and I will be in North Cape May and Ocean City! Those motels are so cute!
  • Options
    imagetifanico:
    imageShanJosh777:

Wow, it's slow today.

I'll post another. This might make me some enemies, but it's something that bothers me sometimes about posts on this board.

We say over and over again, nice gets you nowhere, make sure you protect yourself, etc. So if the situation were reversed and you weren't carrying the baby yourself and therefore knowing 100% it was yours, wouldn't you want the same thing? Or would you really TRUST your ex, the way you expect them to trust you?

That isn't directed at anyone specific. I'm just saying that people always seem appalled when the father requests the test. I don't see why anyone would expect him to not protect himself.

I never saw anything wrong with it and I understand why they do it. If my brother were in the same situation, I would suggest the same.

However, when it happened to me it hurt and hurt badly. Its like they are saying you are a slut and I have reasons to think you cheated on me and this is why I'm getting a paternity test done.  Well, at least that the way I reacted maybe because of the hormones, or because I was exhausted or both as I had he told me this few hours after I delivered. 

I agree with both, Im in the situation where BD wants a paternity test. Which is totally fine since I know Judes his son. However, it is humiliating to have to go through that process, thanks in large part to the trash on the Maury show. And its even worse when its brought up in front of people that are strangers to you.

and can someone fill me in on what FFFC is? Im a little challenged when it comes to bump jargon. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemomranda:
    imagetifanico:
    imageShanJosh777:

Wow, it's slow today.

I never saw anything wrong with it and I understand why they do it. If my brother were in the same situation, I would suggest the same.

However, when it happened to me it hurt and hurt badly. Its like they are saying you are a slut and I have reasons to think you cheated on me and this is why I'm getting a paternity test done.  Well, at least that the way I reacted maybe because of the hormones, or because I was exhausted or both as I had he told me this few hours after I delivered. 

I agree with both, Im in the situation where BD wants a paternity test. Which is totally fine since I know Judes his son. However, it is humiliating to have to go through that process, thanks in large part to the trash on the Maury show. And its even worse when its brought up in front of people that are strangers to you.

and can someone fill me in on what FFFC is? Im a little challenged when it comes to bump jargon. 

You guys are right. I guess it is easy for me to think rationally about it when it's not actually happening to me. I can definitely see how it could be hurtful, but I don't think it implies that he thinks you are sleeping around or something. I just think of it as business. I would think any lawyer would advise a man to have one to protect himself.

• Options

I think it is one of those situations that you can say yes it's business, but when it happens to you, it hurts like a son of a bleep.

And when you have to stand up in front of a court even after the test is done and the results are in and say no you were not with anyone else and answer more questions about that, then you will understand.

It's going to to take a long time for me to get past the hurt of having to submit to a DNA test.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    imagecarrieannew:

I think it is one of those situations that you can say yes it's business, but when it happens to you, it hurts like a son of a bleep.

And when you have to stand up in front of a court even after the test is done and the results are in and say no you were not with anyone else and answer more questions about that, then you will understand.

It's going to to take a long time for me to get past the hurt of having to submit to a DNA test.

I don't know yet if I'm going to have to take one.  DB won't acknowledge paternity simply because he didn't like the wording in the voluntary acknowledgment of paternity that said he would be held financially responsible.  I'm thinking he may rethink things once he finds out how much the DNA test costs and that he'll have to pay for it.  He's never once made an accusation or suggested that DD isn't his....he was such a controlling SOB and he had tabs on me at all times so he knows damn well there's no way she isn't his.  I'll be PISSED if I have to take a test and the thought of answering questions in court about my sex life (even though I have none and haven't been with anyone other than DB for years) sound absolutely humiliating.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetifanico:

Yes, it does not imply that he thought I was a slut but it FEELS that way. BD kept telling me I KNOW she is my child but I just want to be 100% sure. I kept saying it didnt make any sense to me at all and I kicked him out of my hospital room. I understand that and probably, if I were a guy I would do the exact same thing.  

My DB said and I quote "He needed to cross his T's and dot his I's"

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options

I adore Wildwood and have been there probably 30 of my 40 years on earth!!

2 weeks ago H called complaining that the CS took the majority of his check.  He didn't petition to have the amount changed and is still having it based on his old job, the one he got fired from which is a big difference in pay.  So I gave him a check for 150.00 to be nice.  I know it was stupid.

So he texted today asking for money.  I made him give me his pay stub.  he got 111.00 and gets paid weekly.  I said did you petition for a change in CS?  he said no because he didn't have the 50 bucks.  I don't know if he's still using but if 50 bucks could change the amount I could have in my pocket I'd be doing it.

Instead he left me a voice mail about how nasty and uncaring I was.  After I not only gave him the money the first time and he never said thank you, and after he did a nice thing for our daughter by bringing cupcakes and a candle to have a birthday party for him and the 2 girls at mcdonalds on wednesday.  I always point out the nice things and he's freaking nasty to me.

I didn't give him the money this time but I thought about it.

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2004 Abby born 2/2007 and Ally 3/2009 imagehttp://Life In Sublurbia.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"