Military Families
Options

What was I thinking???

I really wanted another baby and my husband finally got on board with it so we started trying. We have three kids now. Kindell (we are in the middel of adopting) is 15. Landon is 4 and Mason os 3. We found out that he was getting stationed in FT wainwright AK. Everything was still all about having another baby. I am now 10 weeks along and wondering if I may have gottin in way over my head. We found out my husband is going back over seas in april (he just got back from Iraq a few mths ago). So now I'm going to be alone in AK with three kids and anotherr baby on the way. Im so scared. What if he doesnt get to be here for the birth and I DO IT ALONE. Im still really happy about the baby. I JUST i can handel everything with him gone and me pregnant

Re: What was I thinking???

• Options
    I am sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. It might not be as bad as you are imagining. I know I always make things worse in my head. Good luck with the new baby and the adoption.
  • Options

Congrats!  I'm sure it's the shock of another deployment with the excitement of having another baby and the upcoming move. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. I'm sure you have been a great mom to your kids and a very supportive wife, which is why you decided to have another little one. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and a perfect, healthy baby. Even though things will be changing with your move to AK, don?t forget to take a little time for yourself when you get the chance. Smile 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you do it alone, you do it alone.  I did it, as did many other women on this board.  It's not ideal (and it especially sucks since he just got home recently and I'm sure you didn't expect that he'd be leaving again so soon) but you do make it work. 

My best advice is to starting working on building up a support system now.  Find good babysitters, join Mommy and Me, and just meet as many people as you can.  Figure out who's going to be there to help you when the baby is born--do you have any family that might be able to come stay with you for a few weeks? 

• Options
    imageNSL:

My best advice is to starting working on building up a support system now.  Find good babysitters, join Mommy and Me, and just meet as many people as you can.  Figure out who's going to be there to help you when the baby is born--do you have any family that might be able to come stay with you for a few weeks? 

This. And dont forget youll have  the support of your FRG. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"