D.C. Area Babies

Peds recs in Sterling/Ashburn/Herndon and alternative vaccine schedule

I am starting my pediatrician search for our little one due in June. I am considering Whole Child Peds in Ashburn, because of some positive reviews I read online, plus they support an alternate vaccine schedule.

Does anyone have any recommendations for other practices, or any experiences with Whole Child that you can share?

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Peds recs in Sterling/Ashburn/Herndon and alternative vaccine schedule

• We take our DS to Pediatric Health Care, they have offices in Sterling and leesburg. We typically see Dr Cooper, she's great. I was able to spread out DS's vaccines without any issues.
  • We really like Whole Child, they only take newborn patients so I recommend you go w/ them and if you are not happy, you can always switch to another practice that takes any new patients.

I love their pro-BF stance, their willingness to do alternate vax schedule, their separate sick and well waiting rooms, walk in hours Mon-Fri mornings and Sat morning hours (by appt only). And (so far) they don't charge for after-hours calls.

I like all the Drs and the NP.

LMK if you have any specific Qs

• Loading the player...
  • Penguin Pediatrics in Ashburn has followed the Sears alternate schedule by my request with DD but they have their own too, it's slightly different.  I like it because it is a smaller practice and I feel like we get more personal care than other doctors offices I've been to.
    imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Another Pediatric Healthcare/Dr. Cooper family!  LOVE HER.  We don't do an alternative vaccine schedule, but I think they would do it if requested.  I breastfed DD #1 for 17 months and didn't start solids till 6+ months and Dr. Cooper never once gave me a hard time about extended BFing or solids.  DD #1 also had food intolerances, terrible reflux, etc. so I had to be on an elimination diet and Dr. Cooper never once suggested we just switch to formula.  DD #2 is 17+ pounds at 5 months and Dr. Cooper told me to keep up with the BFing and to start solids whenever we are ready (6+ months) - no need to start solids early just because she is a big baby.  She is really great and always has a conversation with us about what's going on.  I feel like she listens to me (us) and really trusts that we know what we're doing and respects our decisions.
  • If you really don't mind going to Herndon, I highly recommend Elden Street Pediatrics. Dr. Tetteyfio is great and specializes with infants. Although my daughter isn't born yet, my mother took my brother and I there. Many people from our neighborhood used him. The practice is known for making time for sick children and being there for their patients. When my mother brought us in when we were sick, she would be told that Dr. T was busy, but if she could come in at say 12, he would skip his lunch to make sure we were okay. A friend of mine came in during the last appt or the dr was called late at night and when he saw her he accompanied her to the hospital to make sure she was okay. Plus, any Dr that can put up with my brother (let's be honest, the poison control center knew my family on a first name basis because of all the things he got into), they are worth their weight in gold. I think it says something that the practice still remembers my brother (I didn't go there for as many years as he did) so many years after he stopped seeing him. 
    Foodie stuff for parents with little time: Katja's Kitchen Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"