Adoption

Overwhelmed with the Foster Process....

We are almost finished with the foster process here in Florida.  Now we are down to the annoying paper work that takes for EVER and a few other things that have to be done.  I'm starting to become VERY overwhelmed.  Please tell me Ill be okay...please....

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

Re: Overwhelmed with the Foster Process....

• It will be okay eventually.  It always seems to be alot of "hurry up and wait".  You hurry to get through training and paper work and then you have to wait on the CW to review and file everything. You hurry to get your house in order an  then have to wait for the CW to do the home visits and then when you are finally licensed,you either get a placement immediately ( with very little prep time) or you wait for  a call.

Hang in there!

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• I know exactly how you feel.  We just reopened our home and the paperwork was bad and we were already licensed!  Anything in particular that is getting you down?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCissi64:

It will be okay eventually.  It always seems to be alot of "hurry up and wait".  You hurry to get through training and paper work and then you have to wait on the CW to review and file everything. You hurry to get your house in order an  then have to wait for the CW to do the home visits and then when you are finally licensed,you either get a placement immediately ( with very little prep time) or you wait for  a call.

Hang in there!

waaaaaaiting. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Just push through it, one document at a time.  When we first got the instructions for our dossier, we thought we'd never get it all pulled together, but sure enough we did, by working on it nice and steadily.

You'll get it all worked out, no doubt!

• You'll get through it!!! And it will be worth it!!

PS. I hadn't seen your blog before - I just added it to my google reader - great pics of the girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"