LGBT Parenting
Options

WWYD?**Update**

Im going to try to make this short.

When DW was in high school she hung around with her older sister, who was still in high school as well. She got close to one of the girls, lets call her Lucy. Well after DW graduated from high school Lucy invited her to move to LA with her and some friends. In the few months they were there, DW told Lucy that she liked her and would like to try dating. Lucy agreed. A few weeks later, Lucy's "boyfriend" began yelling and screaming at DW about trying to date Lucy, so DW left and went home.

Since we have been together, Lucy has contacted her once in a great while but nothing major.  

Since I have been pregnant DW has asked 3 times if she can go meet Lucy for dinner. I trust DW and said I was fine with that. So they went to dinner and now tonight DW is helping Lucy move into a new apartment.

The last time they had dinner DW didn't get home until around 11. Then tonight she is asking me what time I want her home. I simply told her not to late.

How would you ladies feel about this situation? 

**Update** DW calls me a bit ago and said that she got in the backseat of our car to get her shoes and noticed that in between the seats was something. She shoves her hand down there and there is an entire box of condoms, with one missing in our car. She said Lucy was in the car last night and they must be hers. Why would she shove condoms in our car?? Strange** 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD?**Update**

• Options

Well, do you trust her?  You have to ask yourself that? If you do then you really have nothing to worry about. 

I will say since we have been pregnant both our ex girlfriends have contacted us via facebook and said how we were either  I was the one that got away  or how much they missed us (DW)... it was actually  within a week of each other.  Pregnancy does this i suppose people realize they had a good catch and it got away. 

Bottom line though if you trust your wife then I dont see what the problem is.  

Perhaps this tiny bout of healthy jelousy ( if that is what it is) may spark some sassyness in your relationship. We had some experience with this in the first few yeas of us being together. I became close to a very attractive co worker who payed a whole lot of attention to me .. and as our relationship is based on honesty I told DW how I was intrigued and felt like a stud  DW never the jealous type all of the sudden got a lil jealous and wow - it certainly brought us closer on many levels and spiced things up - DW said she always trusted me but  she has this lil bit of jealousy but all the while knew I would never do anything to jeopardize our relationship.   After that we had a running joke about bringing a girl home which we never did .. but it was fun to talk and play with that ( ahh we were so young then) 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Truth in all you said. I do think its strange that once we announced I was pregnant, this girl shows back up and it does make me jealous that DW is there with her and not with me, but I do trust her. Thanks for the advice! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, that's tough. I agree with PPs though.. it's all about the trust. And maybe by you showing that you trust her, your relationship will grow even deeper.
  • Options

I understand where you are coming from as my DW was going through the same exact issue when she and I found out that we were expecting. She shared it with her ex and of course that is when the attitude and tension was arising within our relationship because then she was pulling the same exact thing that your DW's friend is pulling.

I am sure there are other friends in the neighborhood that can assist her with moving her items. You are the one who is pregnant and needs the attention at all times. :) Good Luck with that

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I applaud you all for your understanding, but I have to admit, my first thought was, "OH, HECK NO!"

C would not have tolerated this from me, nor would I have expected her to...trust or no trust. She DESERVED me to be as supportive and attentive to her needs as possible.

I'll tell you a quick story. My brother came to town when C was pregnant and I met him at the airport. He was staying pretty far from where we live. Then on my way home I got stuck in traffic and tried to go a different way which made the trek even longer. I got a phone call from C while I was in traffic...she was bleeding and there I was stuck in traffic. Don't get me wrong, pregnancy should not stifle one's life, BUT  (I feel) "what time should I be home (from helping my ex)" should not even be asked. I, personally, find it selfish.

Forgive me for being harsh, as I have no mal-intent. It is just that I feel you deserve all of you spouse's support and understanding.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagenevr2amazin:

I applaud you all for your understanding, but I have to admit, my first thought was, "OH, HECK NO!"

C would not have tolerated this from me, nor would I have expected her to...trust or no trust. She DESERVED me to be as supportive and attentive to her needs as possible.

I'll tell you a quick story. My brother came to town when C was pregnant and I met him at the airport. He was staying pretty far from where we live. Then on my way home I got stuck in traffic and tried to go a different way which made the trek even longer. I got a phone call from C while I was in traffic...she was bleeding and there I was stuck in traffic. Don't get me wrong, pregnancy should not stifle one's life, BUT  (I feel) "what time should I be home (from helping my ex)" should not even be asked. I, personally, find it selfish.

Forgive me for being harsh, as I have no mal-intent. It is just that I feel you deserve all of you spouse's support and understanding.  

I agree with this. I don't believe it is a trust thing, so much as a Respect thing. But, It seems we have allll been through this. Sometimes, we like the attention, we just have to make sure it's healthy and no one oversteps boundaries.

((HUGS))

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"