Postpartum Depression

Dont know what to do! long!

I know I have ppd. I feel guilty about everything. I feel overwhelmed. I feel like I am drowning. I felt like I was doing ok and was able to function some what normally. This past sunday we got a puppy and it sent me over the edge. I feel like I can't take care of my son and that's all I want to do. I don't have the patience, time or the energy to train this dog. SO has been wanting to get this dog forever. I have a problem saying no to him and now I am in this situation. I had a major meltdown this morning and told him what was going on. He doesn't understand and says I should use my head and figure it out. Everyone I talk to understands and says I am taking on too much too fast. I had a doc app for an iud insertion and told her what was going on. They told me to talk to a counselor and they didn't offer meds because it could make it worse. I don't feel like talking to a stranger but will because I know I need to. I wish he understood. I don't know how to get pass this and I dread being home alone with my son and this puppy. He won't get rid of the dog because we have 1000 invested just from buying him and going to get him. I am sorry if this is long and I am rambling. It feels great to get it out though. Thanks

Re: Dont know what to do! long!

• You have to sit down with dh! I know,I can't say no to my dh ether! But he married you he loves you and if you aren't ok he wants to know. You will feel better I swear.
  • I know how difficult it can be to talk to a stranger - but it really can help.  Taking your SO to a counselling session can help too.  It might make him understand what you are going through - that you just can't use your head and figure it out.  You don't have that option.  I'm surprised they didn't offer any meds, but I guess every Dr is different.  I personally loved my zoloft - it did wonders for me.  I know it isn't for everyone, and a lot of people do teriffic without meds.  GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"