Baby Showers

When is a good time....

To register and when is a good time for a baby shower? I cant remember when i did it before plus i am thowing my babyshower its not a suprise like before.

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: When is a good time....

• Hmm...well I think most people will agree that it's pretty poor taste for you to be throwing yourself a shower. And many will also say that you probably shouldn't be having a shower for your 2nd baby.

But I registered around 22+ weeks and had my shower around 35 weeks. 

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Well i am helping my sister with the decorations and stuff. I didnt plan on one with the first it was a surprise. Alot of people have baby showers with there 2nd, 3rd,ext.  My cousin had one with all 5 of her kids!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A good time for a shower is 2-3 months before you're due; I would call it a 'Diaper and Wipes' shower, but if you did register somewhere, add that on the invite as well. Most people will get you small things for a second baby, but none of the big stuff unless they know your situation.

• I'm hoping this is a joke. The answer is do not register, do not have a shower. Don't try to justify it, it's tacky to have a shower (especially with a full registry) for your second child and it's even more tacky to have a shower for yourself.
  • imageMommy Mal:
    Well i am helping my sister with the decorations and stuff. I didnt plan on one with the first it was a surprise. Alot of people have baby showers with there 2nd, 3rd,ext.  My cousin had one with all 5 of her kids!

That doesn't make it ok. And it speaks volumes about your cousin.

• I think it depends on your culture and family. I have friends who have only had one shower and wouldn't think of having another with their future children. I come from a family who likes to throw showers for every pregnancy regardless of wether it is a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Those who love and support you will want to get you a gift, those who don't agree with it shouldn't show up. I don't think it makes you a bad person if your family is willing to throw you another shower. 

A 2nd baby should get a shower if your family and/or friends are willing to throw you one. I don't think it's just for receiving gifts, but also a celebration of a new baby coming into this world. The gifts are a plus!

image imageimage

"The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing." Psalm 23:1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"