Pregnant after IF
Options

would you switch your OB if...

Would you switch your OB if you hated their scheduling, the appt times always make me miss work, and they are not flexible to work with you at all, and I hate the woman who does the u/s. She was mad at me and super rude to us the first time we met her.  I was scheduled for my NT exam last week during week 11 and after both my DH and I took off of work for it, she said I was too early for it (before even looking at an u/s she said 11w is just to early, ummm hello, I didnt tell you to do the scan at that time, the midwife said to schedule it 11-13w), When we got there she wouldn't do it and told me to come back at week 13!!  I am off this week because I am a teacher and she refused to schedule me this week, I am 12w2d today, but instead insists I have to come next week when my vacation is over and take off another day of work. I have seen 1 midwife, she's 1 out of 4 and she is super nice, but its a really small office and I know I will have to work with the u/s woman more and I am dreading it!!  I am already nervous for the NT scan and now I am more nervous- is she not skilled enough to do the exam earlier than 13w? is their technology not advanced enough? I know they are not big into technology to begin with, which has always made me a little hesitant, but this has really ticked me off!  Thanks for listening!  Would you go to a new person?  I made an appt with someone new for next week, but I don't know if I am overreacting. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: would you switch your OB if...

• Options
    Being at a OB/MW office is different per say but I say if your not happy then your not happy. It sounds like shes a real winner. Sorry you have to go through that crap. I'd go to your scheduled appt. with the other place..check it out. It wouldn't hurt right? See how it goes. GL!
    TTC since 12/ 06: H/Azoospermia Ivf#1 BFP m/c 5w3d FET#1 c/p FET# 2 BFN IVF#2 BFFN IVF#3 March/April
  • Options
    I would definitely change... I wouldnt put up with that crap! Im sorry they suck =(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I would find another OB.  This is the dr office that will handle all your prenatal care and delivery and if you don't feel 100% comfortable with them, then definitely switch to somewhere else.  Sorry you're having to deal with this!
  • Options
    Absolutely I would find a new OB! You need to be happy with the care you receive and it sounds like they don't really care about you as a person! I hope the appt next week with the new office goes much better!!
  • Options

I would switch too...sounds like way too much of a hassle.

One of the u/s techs at my MFM/Peri's office is a huge b!tch as well so after the second time with her (the first was our NT scan where she didn't say a word and didn't let us even see the screen) I asked the front desk to please not ever schedule us with her ever again.  Fortunately, there are 3 techs so I have never had to see her again, thank God!

GL with whatever you decide...after having a very high risk pg, I can say I am so grateful for the staff at both my OB and MFM's offices as well as the actual doctors.  It would have been so much harder to get through without everyone's support.

• Options
    if you do decide to switch, I would suggest that you make sure you let your midwives and/or OBs in the practice WHY you are switching!
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    i did my nt scan at 11.0wks. no one ever said it was too early!
  • Options
    Yes, I would start seeing a new OB right away. Ask some friends for a recommendation. GL!
    DS born 7.30.11
  • Options
    I'd probably switch, too. Like PP's said, this will be the office that does all of your pre-natal care and if you aren't happy, I'd be looking elsewhere. I'd also let the office/OB know why you are switching.
  • Options
    Yup, I would totally switch, that sounds brutal!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I have my new appt. next wed., I'll be exactly 13w, so hopefully they can still do the NT scan on my first visit with them, the receptionist said she'll definitely do b/w, and I am going to push for an u/s because I haven't gotten a good look at our LO since 8w at my old RE!!  You made me feel better about making the move!  There is no one else that does u/s/NT scans at my current place so I am stuck with this woman if I stay and it just seems like a red flag to me!
  • Options

I know I'm coming to the party late, but I would definitly switch! In fact, I'm switching next week at 28 weeks! 

If you are unhappy for any reason, make the switch. I had a bad feeling about my OB early on, but decided to stick it out.  Now, months later, I wish I would have switched a lot earlier.  I'm glad you are going with your gut.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"