Parenting after 35
Options

Helping UrbanFlowerPot

OK, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty teared up.  I sent Stephanie PNP sheets, so I have her address.  I say we band together and see what we can do to make things better.

Respond to this post with ideas or on FB or PM me.

Stephanie - tell us what you need.  Really.

Oh and if any of you are really good at organizing things, go for it and take the lead!

Re: Helping UrbanFlowerPot

• Options
    I'm terrible at organizing but I've got some stuff for her. Are we FB friends? PM me and let's start to sort stuff out.
  • Options

Is there a way to start a PayPal acct so people can donate money and it'll go straight to her?  I'm not sure???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have time to organize but definitely would like to help. 

• Options
    imagedkays:

I don't have time to organize but definitely would like to help. 

Ditto.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I briefly looked on PayPal website and I think it can be done.  We would just need some info from UrbanFP.  If anyone is in contact with her and can get her info I would be more than happy to organize the donation.  I'm on FB if you PM me I can give you my name.
  • Options
    imageMarried2003:

Is there a way to start a PayPal acct so people can donate money and it'll go straight to her?  I'm not sure???

Jung - are you willing to look into this?  I think it might be possible but am not familiar enough and one time heard there were a lot of fees.

• Options
    imagePiranha54:
    imageMarried2003:

Jung - are you willing to look into this?  I think it might be possible but am not familiar enough and one time heard there were a lot of fees.

Here's what the website says - Let me know what you think.  If I was to organize this I would want another person involved since there is money involved - just to verify things.

Sending Money to Friends and Family in the US:

• FREE when you use your bank account or PayPal balance

When you use a credit or debit card, the cost is 2.9% of the total amount sent plus $0.30 USD per transaction. When you log in, you choose whether you or the recipient covers this cost.

• Options

I know I'm a newbie, but what about sending her Babies R Us or Target gift cards instead?  That way there are no fees and she can buy what she needs when she needs it?  Just a thought.... I don't have time to organize anything big, but I would love to help. 

FWIW, I had a dear friend that lost her condo in the wildfires in San Diego a few years ago and she said the gift cards helped her a lot.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tagging on to my last post - if anyone is interested in the gift card idea, I think urbanflowerpot could make a registry at BRU (if there's one near her) and check the box that says gift cards okay  That way she can keep her mailing information private and just provide her name so we can all pull up the registry and donate a gift card.  I believe you can also have the gift card mailed directly to her through the system, which would also keep her info private.  Just a thought. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageracampbell1:
    Tagging on to my last post - if anyone is interested in the gift card idea, I think urbanflowerpot could make a registry at BRU (if there's one near her) and check the box that says gift cards okay  That way she can keep her mailing information private and just provide her name so we can all pull up the registry and donate a gift card.  I believe you can also have the gift card mailed directly to her through the system, which would also keep her info private.  Just a thought. 

There is a link on her blog to her registries.  Hopefully,  she can let us know what she needs the most. 

• Options

imageracampbell1:

I like gift card idea - and would add amazon to the mix as well. 

And while it may be a little more cumbersome, if people have items they'd like to donate vs $$$, especially us one and doners, if it makes Stephanie more comfortable not to share her address (which may quite honestly, no longer be the best place to mail stuff given the fire), people can send stuff to me and I can re-ship.  I'll let Stephanie decide what will work best for her.

Thanks Ladies!

• Options

imageracampbell1:

Good idea.  Hope to hear from her soon.

• Options
    imageracampbell1:

I know I'm a newbie, but what about sending her Babies R Us or Target gift cards instead?  That way there are no fees and she can buy what she needs when she needs it?  Just a thought.... I don't have time to organize anything big, but I would love to help. 

FWIW, I had a dear friend that lost her condo in the wildfires in San Diego a few years ago and she said the gift cards helped her a lot.   

I would recommend Target because she could get other things than baby stuff if she needs it. 

• Options
    Great idea Lisa, and that's awesome of you to organize it!  Like Robyn, I've unfortunately donated all Simon's infant clothes & toys but I'll start saving up stuff from hereonout! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the GCs.  I looked at her registry at target.  She does have gift cards on there and they would ship directly to her.  But like a PP said I'm wondering about the address now.
  • Options

I have her email and can ask about an address to send things.  I was actually heading to the post office ( a month late! ) to mail the Baby K'tan carrier I offered. Though she may reply here. 

I also have a Paypal account and there are no fees if you send a GIFT to someone. One person can receive all the gifts and then either purchase a gift card (or several) or items off a registry. One idea to ponder.  Though I like the gift card idea and Target in particular. 

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

Hey everyone- I know I don't post that often, but I do check in to see how everyone is.... this is such a shame. 

I live about 5 miles from Philly (where Stephanie is) and would be happy to bring her any donations, etc.  Whatever you need me to do- just say the word.  I am out of work on maternity leave right now, so I have time to do things.  Please let me know (through FB or on here) what I can do~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm loving these ideas!  I'm game for helping out with PayPal or gift cards (I, too, have given away most of my newborn stuff), but I'm not on FB, so if you all come up with something, can someone let me know?  I feel so out of the loop by not being on FB- like I'm still living in the Stone Age ;)
  • Options

Luckily I didn't check my PMs and just went yesterday to find someone's email address and I saw a response about PNP sheets. So I have a few I can send her.

I just don't know where yet.

• Options

I would really like to help too.  I have so much stuff that I am done with & need to get rid of anyway.  Just need to know what she needs for baby!

Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options

I would also like to help. I have Stephanies's address as well but like PP's not sure how relevant it is. She just needs to let us know where to send things/gift cards now.

• Options
    Hey there - I now have a sick daughter, got the call from daycare just as I was leaving to get her. Can someone take the lead on organizing? I'll do what I can but just don't know what the next few days may look like. Lisa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"