Blended Families
Options

Modifying stipulations and/or court orders

I read on here a lot advice that people need to have the COs modified.  After living with the stipulation for several years, we now know many things that should have been worded differently or spelled out more clearly. But two different attorneys have told us that it is nearly impossible to modify a stipulation.   Have people had luck modifying orders?  What did you have to establish before it was modified?  Was it enough to show the wording was unclear?

Re: Modifying stipulations and/or court orders

• Options
    Our was quite easy. To be fair we went in for a cs modification then added on modifying the co. Bm didn't fight it (now that we have had it it's clear she yet again didn't bother to read before signing bc every holiday she throws a fit about the times. YOU signed it smart one!) and signed it so it was easy. I imagine I she had not liked things and put a fight it would have been more difficult. For us it was easy, though.
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options

Jealous...  :-)

Ours would definitely be a fight.  The stipulation is clearly interpreted differently by both parents.  But there would be quite a fight about what it should say.  We are already in court for CS modifidication. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We've also had problems with the CO being interpreted differently. Most times DH filed a petition with the court (BM texted DH FLIPPING out about it). We went to court and they sat down with the mediator, DH explained the way he saw the CO and what he wanted changed (I sent him in with a paper worded exactly how we had discussed) and then they ask BM about what she wanted. The mediator worked it out and then went and presented it to the judge and the judge signed off on it.

Once BM filed a modification petition and DH filed a Contempt petition and they ended up going in front of a judge. The judge told BM she was wrong for denying visitation and that she couldn't anymore and she changed the CO to what DH asked for. BM left really pissed off. Then for the next holiday she tried getting me to change it for her b/c she didn't get what she wanted in court and i said NO that I was sticking to the CO.

Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
    You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
    Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
    Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
    Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
    TTC OUR first
    BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
    BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"