Maryland Babies

Day care in Howard County

I scrolled back a few pages and couldn't find any posts about this.  Baby is due July 27-any recs for daycare?  I work crazy hours in Baltimore, and my husband works in DC and usually can't make it home before 7 or so.  So, we're looking for something with somewhat later/more flexible hours.  I've looked at my work daycare, and they have a waitlist of 18 months!  Also looked at LaPetite on Columbia 100 (they had one review that was bad), and Bright Stars Academy on Cedar Lane.  Any recommendations would be helpful-thanks!

Re: Day care in Howard County

• There were quite a few daycare posts back in January, so you might have to scroll back farther! Here is a post about Howard County.

We also considered daycare centers in Howard County, specifically The Goddard School, Celebree, La Petite, Columbia Academy, and Cradlerock Children's Center. We ruled out a few due to price, and we visited Goddard and Celebree (in Carroll County though) and liked them. We ended up with in-home daycare actually.

I used the MDLocate site to search for childcare, but beware that some of the prices are off. We looked at the La Petite in Ellicott City because the site said it was $280/wk. It was actually $354/wk - pretty big difference!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • where did you find daycare reviews?  I'd like to review mine?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've done tons of research and visited over 10 daycare centers in the area. My favorites were Knowledge Beginnings and The Young School. I also loved the Nurturing Nest Montessori School, but their hours did not work for us. FYI - most of them close by 6.30 PM at the latest.

I have prices and additional info on a ton of places, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

image image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Dani- I would love some information if you still are willing to share :). For some reason, I cannot figure out how to PM you. Must be the pregnancy brain!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"