North Carolina Babies

Tell me it's a fluke

Keira has not napped in 3 days. I'm going nuts and just may fall over from being so tired. 3rd tri exhaustion has set in and I am in dire need of a nap!  Keira typically naps from 12ish--3ish. She is usually a great napper.

These past 3 days she does not seem tired at all. I do leave her in her crib for at least 2 hours to rest but she does not rest. She jumps up and down in her bed and marches back and forth yelling "March! March! March!" Trying to sleep or catch a quick nap myself with all the noise is impossible. I don't want to shut off the monitor because she has fallen while jumping and hit her head on the crib sides. I have tried going in and laying her down, leaving her alone completely, you name it. I'm praying this is some bad luck and it's not the end of her napping. That would kill me!  

I can not put her down any later because I have to leave my house at 3:00 to get Chloe from school. If I put her down earlier I won't be able to do anything in the mornings like playgroup or MOPS. I try and get her down at 11:45 after she eats at 11:30. 

She goes to bed at 8:00pm and wakes up at either 7:30 or 8:00am. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Tell me it's a fluke

• She might be at a point where she won't take a 3 hr nap anymore but going down for a nap at noon is too early.  I would try waiting till 1 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. and getting her up at 3 to leave if needed, if she sleeps that long. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageraceyrae:
    She might be at a point where she won't take a 3 hr nap anymore but going down for a nap at noon is too early.  I would try waiting till 1 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. and getting her up at 3 to leave if needed, if she sleeps that long. 

This. I am sorry to tell you but we transitioned pretty quickly from the 12pm nap to more like her going down between 1-1:30 (we stayed at 11am nap for a long time so I thought we would be at 12 for a while but it wasn't the case). Some times she wakes up at 3 or sleeps to 4. I know it screws with your schedule but it is better than no nap. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the PPs.  Liam hasn't napped at noon for a long, long time.  I don't think he'd fall asleep either if I put him down at 12.  He goes down between 1:30-2:00. It sucks for your school schedule, I know!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Caleb will nap anytime from 11-1ish, but he also wakes up at 5:30 in the morning. He usually naps around noon. If i need him to take an 11am nap - we keep really busy in the morning! Can you put her down at 12:30, that gives her a little more than 2 hours to sleep before you have to leave?
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • My DS typically naps from 1-2:30 or 3pm. He is up for the day by 6:30. My guess would be that she is not awake long enough before naptime anymore.

You could try waking her at 7am everyday and then nap at 12 or 12:30. However, it seems like most 2 year olds I know are napping at 1 or 1:30pm.  As they get older, they don't need as long of a nap. 1.5 to 2 hrs usually is what we have here and he will not fall asleep before 12:45 unless he wakes up at 6am or so.

If you want to keep her wakeup at 7:30 or 8am....then the nap will be later. When DS wakes after 7 on a rare occasion....he won't nap until at least 1:30. And sometimes he won't nap at all. He seems to need be awake for about 6.5 hrs before he can fall asleep for a nap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"