North Carolina Babies

formula question

Jack only took bottles of BM so I dont know the correct answer to this question so I figured i'd ask u ladies.  What did u do with a formula bottle after DC was done but didnt drink it all...did u put it in the fridge for them or leave it out and if so for how long is it good? The lil 10 month old I'm watching didnt want much of his bottle after his solids (thats the order they feed it in) and I dont want it to go to waste. thanks.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: formula question

• If she took most of it, we'd dump it. If half or more was left, we'd keep it for the next feeding. I think once it's mixed, it's only good for 24 hours. Is it bad that I can't remember that for sure though? :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Everything I've seen says to throw it away since bacteria can form once they drink from it, but my pedi told me as long as it's refridgerated within 30 min or so from him drinking from the bottle that it would be safe for DS to drink 3-4 hours later.
  • Loading the player...
  • If he's going to drink it in the next 2 or 3 hrs i wouldn't dump it, longer than that I would. Refrigerated of course.
  • Technically you are supposed to dump it out, but I usually kept it for a few hours if I knew she would drink it, it's not the end of the world. Just stick it back in the fridge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd put it back in the fridge for a little while and try again in a little while.  You are supposed to dump it, that's what they do at daycare too.  But at home I'd save it for a few hours as long as it hadn't been sitting out too long.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"