Baby Showers

Bedding Dilemma

The bedding we picked out is available online only through Lambs & Ivy (the company that makes it).  We've searched far and wide and this is available at NO stores around.  My husband and I don't have a problem buying the bedding, sheets, and all of the other accessories ourselves, but a few family members and friends have asked about our bedding and want to contribute to decorating the nursery. 

My mom had the thought of putting something like "Registered at Babies R Us and S. S. Noah bedding available online at lambsivy.com" inside the shower invitations. But then we realized there would be no way of tracking who bought what as it wouldn't be a registry, and it may be difficult to return due to the online factor. 

I'm just seeking suggestions--does this seem too difficult, and should we just buy it ourselves? Or how else could we work this?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bedding Dilemma

• Buy it yourself - if people ask, tell them you already have it...
  • Amazon has the option of adding anything from any website to their registry with the "Universal Wish List" button.  This could be an option.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the other pp...buy it yourself or you will have to return things if more than one person buys something.  The only other option is have your mom find out what family members want to get you bedding (maybe they would go in together and get it all).
  • You could create a registry through myregistry.com.  You can add things from any site.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it was me, I would just buy it myself.  But if your mom knows a specific family member that really wants to gift you the bedding, she can tell them the website.

11.10.10 from my belly to my heart at 11wks 5days

• imagedana1318a:
    If it was me, I would just buy it myself.  But if your mom knows a specific family member that really wants to gift you the bedding, she can tell them the website.
    This is pretty much what we did.
  • imagedana1318a:
    If it was me, I would just buy it myself.  But if your mom knows a specific family member that really wants to gift you the bedding, she can tell them the website.

This was our dilemma too, except the one we want is discontinued.  We found it all on one website and planned to buy it all ourselves, but my mom mentioned she had "connections," so if we really wanted it to let her know.  I then told her that if her connections fell through, to just order it all and let me know what I owed her.  This way, who buys it and what they buy would stay a surprise and I wouldn't miss out on the matching accessories.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"