LGBT Parenting

opk test question

I'm wondering if anybody has been through a cycle where the OPK test wasn't accurate?

I had been tracking my cycle and estimated my ovulation for this month ahead of time so I could plan to have the specimen shipped and appointments scheduled.  I had two IUI's completed already and still haven't had a positive OPK although I'm several days "late."  Other body signs suggest that yesterday or today should have been the day but it still came up negative.  I'm freaking out a little, thinking that I just wasted all that money and time etc and now have to wait another month (which seems like forever) before trying it again.  In the past the OPK's I've been using are accurate, so I am probably grasping at straws here, trying to make possibilities out of thin air.  But still, any similar experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

Re: opk test question

• Yes, our last cycle we bought the CVS brand of OPK's and I got a false positive 3 days before I actually ovualted.  I knew I had not ovulated becasue my CM was dry.  3 days later however it was just the right consistency.  I hate that it costs so much money and you are just SOL if you miss it by 1 day.  I would suggest maybe asking your RE if they have the equipment to store your vials until next month when you can use them if you really do miss your day.  I am sending you good vibes however hoping all goes well.  We are doing our first IUI in 4 days so I am having the same issue.  Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"