Illinois Babies

When to Start Looking for Daycare

The post below has me wondering when I should start looking for day care for my little one. I'm only 7 weeks along and I plan to stay home for 12 weeks, then go back to work. So, we're talking January of 2012 for an infant in the city.

Any advice?

Re: When to Start Looking for Daycare

• I started 7 months before I needed DC.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got on the list at our day care as soon as I found out I was pregnant.  Depending on where you want to go, there may or may not be a wait list.  It's better to find something early and hold your spot rather than have to "settle" for a center simply because you didn't start looking soon enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Start now.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Now.  Some daycares do not start official waiting lists until you hit 12 weeks- and they fill up FAST.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Go ahead and start.  We started looking at 12 weeks pregnant, got on a list at 16 weeks pregnant, and finally confirmed his spot the week before he was born (to begin after 12 weeks of maternity leave).  There's no reason to not start early.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"