Pregnant after 35

So, when did everyone feel the first flutterkick?

Re: So, when did everyone feel the first flutterkick?

• Hi Tumble!!

I was super anxious too.  With my first I felt movement 16 weeks 4 days.  This little one was worrying me because I heard it would be easier to feel your second sooner. I didn't feel movement until 21 weeks.  My NP told me that placenta is in front though so that is why it took longer.  Makes sense I guess but I was starting to freak out a little!!

Take care,

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• This is my 4th so I felt really early, 13 1/2 weeks.  Now he's just kicking away.

• Loading the player...
  • the first kick was at just over 12 weeks - while I was driving!!  I can feel him/her roll, push, and move around but only an occasional kick.  I thought I was crazy for feeling him/her so early but my doc told me (while watching the ultrasound) that she wasn't surprised based on baby size/location/activity.  I'm in for a very bumpy ride!! 

I remember my daughter kicking me SO HARD it knocked the wind out of me just standing there!!  So I'm trying to be patient for the stronger kicks (although I'm excited for hubby to start feeling them!  I suspect it might freak him out a little - he's a little weirded out by the thought of a human inside his wife...)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With Margaux it was about 18 weeks!  Try not to worry!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks to an anterior placenta, 21 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I felt the first flutterings at 16 weeks.   The same day I got the results from my AFP test that said my range was normal.  I think the baby was trying to tell me not to worry mom!
  • I didn't start feeling flutters until after week 16 (this is my first) and only this past weekend felt harder baby movements.  I can't say for sure it's kicking but not like what I've read on the posts from others either.  At times, it almost feels like I'm hungry (like hunger pains) but very low in the stomach so I know its baby.  I too am excited for consistent real baby kicks so my husband can feel them.

Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Just in the last few days!  I had the CVS on Tuesday (still no results!!!) and with all the pressure from the ultrasound I felt the baby moving around and came home.. was still moving that night... fluttering away... With my DD, I  had to wait until almost 5 months..my placenta was in the front with her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekristennd:
    Thanks to an anterior placenta, 21 weeks.

anterior placenta here too... didn't feel movement until 22 or 23 weeks (and there's 2 in there!!)

With DD (also anterior placenta) it was around 22 weeks as well...

Hope you are feeling good tumble!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my first child it was about 18 weeks or so when I felt this werid flutter and it was so random......a flutter here and there....days would go by with nothng and then as the weeks progressed.....kicks and thumps, etc....wait until you feel the rolling of the baby - that is weird and cool at the same time!

2nd baby.....felt a flutter here and there at about 16 weeks......same thing....not much for days and days......but as time progresses more and more.  My husband felt the baby for hte first time yesterday kicking....so that was cool.

if it is your first time....you may not realize the flutters for abit...kind of weird feeling...like it might be gas or stomach settling....but you'll get used to it and then marvel when you wonder what are they doing in there....in other words why is baby kicking me, etc....it is all practice for coming out into the world!  Amazing!

• With my second child, I felt a strong kick at 12-13 weeks.  I am on my fourth and my OB keeps telling me I should be feeling movement but I am not sure.  I really haven't sat still and tried to figure out if I feel anything. 
  • When I realized it was actually not my stomach acting up I was 22 weeks exactly.  She woke me up kicking so hard, my husband could even feel her outside my belly.  Then I realized what it was and that she had been fluttering for a few weeks by then, I just didn't know enough to realize what it was.

She's been pretty quiet of late, I think she is active at night and I sleep right through.  Great, I'm not a night owl! :-p :-) 

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD it was 18 weeks. So far nothing with LO #2. 

• I knew for certain they were baby kicks/punches at 19w3d, but had probably been feeling them a little earlier, just discounting them, since this is my first.  I swore I felt two strong kicks at 13 weeks while sitting at a meeting, but I can't really say for sure (I didn't have gas after, so who knows?!). 

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• I felt it really early this time-maybe 12 or 13 weeks. This is my 10th (well, 12th, had two miscarriages before this one) so I'm pretty stretched out. I didnt feel the others until well over 20 weeks but the placenta was always in the front. I'm 20 weeks now and the last two weeks it has really started getting more regular, and stronger.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"