Washington Babies
Options

UWMC

Anyone deliver at UW?  We are delivering there in July, and most of my friends have delivered at Evergreen or Sweedish.   

Any good or bad things about UW anyone would like to share?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UWMC

• Options
    I delivered there and had a fantastic experience.  I saw the midwives there and already knew I was in good hands.  The nurses I had were wonderful and friendly, and I felt very well cared for on the maternity floor afterward.  No complaints here, other than my H being frustrated that he had to go in search of his own food and I got room service. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I loved UWMC.  It was my first and only choice for various reasons.

The only complaint I had about it was that the staff was overly attentive at points.  For the first 24 hours after I had the girls, there was someone in our room at least once every 10 minutes to check on me, check on the girls, make sure my meds were up to date, etc.  It made it hard to sleep but at the same time it made me feel like I wouldn't slip through the cracks, ykwim?

I can't think of anything truly bad about them.  I don't have any other childbirth frame of reference, though. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a wonderful experience there.  Attentive, caring staff, nice accommodations, state of the art technology... I'd highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Ditto what PPs have said.  I had a great experience there.  I always felt comfortable and cared for.  I really liked the birth classes they offered as well. 
  • Options
    Loved it.  I was nervous about having interventions pushed on me since they deal with so many high-risk patients and thus use more medical interventions in general, but everyone listened to me when I expressed  my concerns and opinions.  The docs were very respectful and had a frank discussion with me about risks vs benefits of different interventions, even pulling the most recent literature.  I loved my nurses in both L&D and postpartum.  The rooms were nice enough, although my husband was not too comfortable on the window-bed.  I would deliver there again in a heartbeat!
  • Options

We just delivered there!  I loved it, the doctors were all very nice, and took the time to really listen to me and discuss our options.  The nurses were all very nice too.  At first I was a little overwhelmed with so many people in the room, but i was made to feel very at ease with them as they were very respectful and clear about the risks vs benefits of interventions at each stage. They were constantly coming in checking on me and making sure I was okay.   And on the postpartum floor, the same doctors would come and check on me and LO every day to see how we were doing and if we had any questions.  All in all, i plan to deliver there again.

• Options
    This is so nice to hear!  We start our classes in April too, so glad that to have nice feedback on that as well.
  • Options

I delivered at UWMC & loved it.  When you're in labor & delivery you have 1 single nurse assigned to you for their entire shift.  It was great, anytime I needed something, I'd push the nurse call button & she'd appear, no waiting for anything.
    Since I was induced, I was in the hospital Thurs - Sun (Thurs - Sat on the L&D floor) so I had the same night shift nurse twice.  She was great & actually stayed 30 mins over her scheduled shift to help & finish out the birth even though the morning nurse was already on shift.
    I felt very well cared for & if we have another baby, I'll be going back to UWMC again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"