Military Families

homecoming/ PCS ?

Im probably not going to explain this right so bear with me, and Im not really sure what I need to ask

First, has anyone ever PCS'd with a newborn.

And if YH just came home from a deployment then PCS'd how long does it usually take to get home and go through warrior transitioning/ leave/ then actually move. Sorry for the rambling, Im trying to figure out how long well stay here, with the new baby, where to put her......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: homecoming/ PCS ?

• DH will be returning sometime this summer, we will go through all the reintegration briefs within 10 days. Take block leave,  then we will be out processing right after that to go to our new duty station.

Oh and DD will be about 7-10 months at that time so no help on the newborn move.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was 6 months when I moved to get ready for DH to get home.. It was still a pain but we managed..

It depends on your DH's orders.. Normally they go through a retransition period where they have to do tests and get looked at to make sure they're doing okay.. (in the army ne ways) This normally lasts a week to 10 days. Block leave is 30 days.. But it also depends on how many leave days are saved up..

So if your DH gets home and has orders soon to PCS he may want to save his block leave for PCS leave so he can help as much as possible with everything. He should know more about it. I could be way off.. That's just how it's worked with us.

• Loading the player...
  • PCS with a newborn was easy (moved from VA-CA when DD2 was 2.5 weeks old).  PCS with a toddler was not a picnic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • imageNavyPilotWife:
    PCS with a newborn was easy (moved from VA-CA when DD2 was 2.5 weeks old).  PCS with a toddler was not a picnic.

eeessssh, that made my stomach turn we'll have both moving from HI.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image1momma:

imageNavyPilotWife:
    PCS with a newborn was easy (moved from VA-CA when DD2 was 2.5 weeks old).  PCS with a toddler was not a picnic.

The military should purchase him a seat.  I think that will be a big help.  My mom flew with me, but she isn't accustom to wrestling a toddler.  Looking back, it would have been better to have purchased DD a seat, instead of having my mom's extra set of hands.  We had new books, toys, snacks, etc., but I really think she would have done better strapped into her car seat.  It won't last forever though; you'll get through it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • DH got home from his last deployment August 8. Went through reintegration, then immediately started to clear Stewart. That took about 2 weeks. He then went on block leave after Labor Day weekend, he visited with family, we packed and then moved Sept 20. His orders were for Oct 10, but he was authorized to report early. His block leave ended Oct 7 I think, he reported, in processed, got to his unit then went on TDY. Now, we didn't have any kids to move with us, and we only went from Stewart to Benning, across state. But as far as getting home then PCSing, it can happen really quick!
  • image1momma:

imageNavyPilotWife:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • image1momma:

imageNavyPilotWife:

• image1momma:

imageNavyPilotWife:

We're moving TO Hawaii in May with a toddler (& I'll be super pregnant). I'm not looking forward to it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"