Washington Babies

Video camera recs

I remember Smilingjb starting a thread about video cameras a few weeks ago, but I can't find it. I thought I'd saved it, but I didn't.  And I just went through the last 16 pages, with no luck.  So....

We're looking at getting a Flip or something similar.  My parents want to buy it for us.  There are a few models, and I was wondering which one you ladies have.  Also, someone (Jill, I think) mentioned having something similar, but a different brand.  Can you share that, again?

Thanks!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!

Re: Video camera recs

• Ours is a Vado HD.  It's super easy and does the job.  It's like a flip, just a differnet brand.  And Steve found a deal so that's what we got.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Perfect!  Thank you both!

• let me know what you get!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • This is the one we have and I LOVE it!  It couldn't be easier to use and download onto my computer.

https://www.amazon.com/Flip-UltraHD-Video-Camera-Generation/dp/B0040702HA/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

• Can anyone weigh in on the value of it being waterproof?  The one Julie mentioned, in the previous thread, is waterproof and it seems that could be worthwhile for things like rain, snow, accidental dropping in water, swim classes, etc.

Has that been a motivating factor, either way?  If your camera is not wp, has that stopped you from recording something?

• We have the smaller Flip. I don't remember the model number, because I stole it from my brother (who never used it). Honestly, I use the camera on my phone and iPod more than I use the Flip. I love the Flip, but it isn't always "on me" like the phone camera is! But if I recall correctly, you don't have a smart phone, so that wouldn't even be an issue.

So the Flip is awesome!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• We also have a flip and love it!!! So easy and tiny enough to take anywhere in your diaper bag/car/pocket.  I got it on amazon for a steal over a memorial day sale.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecmcmillan:
    We also have a flip and love it!!! So easy and tiny enough to take anywhere in your diaper bag/car/pocket.  I got it on amazon for a steal over a memorial day sale.

Same here, only we got ours over the holidays with amazon GCs from family.  Love it!  I can't testify to its waterproofness, but that didn't cross my mind at all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKNemo:
    Honestly, I use the camera on my phone and iPod more than I use the Flip. I love the Flip, but it isn't always "on me" like the phone camera is! But if I recall correctly, you don't have a smart phone, so that wouldn't even be an issue.

Yep, no smart phone here, unfortunately. 

Thanks, everyone!!

• We did do the waterproof one because a) I'm a klutz and b) K drools a storm!  It's actually been nice because I've been recording her and have some funny footage of her grabbing it and sticking it in her mouth :)
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We decided on the Kodak Playsport.  We liked the idea of using our own memory cards to determine how much memory we have.  This one does not have built-in memory, like the Flip.  Of course, there's the initial expense of buying a memory card.  We liked the waterproof idea for spills, drops in the pool/tub, etc.  It also comes with a free HDMI cable, which would be cool to watch videos on our HD tv (like when my parents are out here).  It's on sale at Best Buy and a similar price at Amazon, both with free shipping.

Anyway, thank you for all the recs and info! 

And, J, thank you for mentioning the Playsport in the previous thread. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"