February 2011 Moms
Options

** PLEASE give me some hope.... **

Just went to the DR. and he told me I am finally 1 cm and 50% effaced.  Can anyone give me some good advice that labor was on the way when you were in the same position as me????

DR. said he will come before this weekend but I'm afraid he's just saying that so I don't go crazy!!!

I really don't want to have to be induced. :(

Re: ** PLEASE give me some hope.... **

• Options
    I know exactly how you feel! At my appointment last Thursday, I was 1cm dilated but here I am- still pregnant although I think I lost my mucous plug over the weekend and have had crazy discharge. I am really, really hoping that I don't need to be induced either. I'm planning on a med-free labor and I'm not too confident I can do it with pitocin contractions! I have an appointment tomorrow and I know we'll have to have the induction talk that I've been dreading!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

with my son I had an OB appt at 39w 4d and was not effaced, 1cm, baby not engaged.

At 40w 4d I had my son less than 2 hrs after I got to the hospital, went from 4-10cm in an hour, and was med free!

There is hope!

EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageEriAngel:

Just went to the DR. and he told me I am finally 1 cm and 50% effaced.  Can anyone give me some good advice that labor was on the way when you were in the same position as me????

DR. said he will come before this weekend but I'm afraid he's just saying that so I don't go crazy!!!

I really don't want to have to be induced. :(

Hmmm...sorry to burst your bubble but think this is more likely...I was 1 cm-50% effaced 3 weeks prior to delivery and ended up needing to be induced due to a concern for baby's size, my GD, and a possible heart defect on the baby's u/s.  At the time of my induction I was 3 cm-75% where I stays until they broke my water after 12 hours of pitocin.  The contractions weren't bad prior to breaking my water.  I got an epidural just before they broke my water as getting an epi was my plan for pain control and my OB stated that often the contractions get worse once your water is broken and he wanted me semi comfortable so I could sleep as the induction was going so slowly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I found out I was gestational diabetic with my daughter so the doctor told me that if she didn't come on her own by due date they would induce me also.  We set the date for Friday Feb. 4th.  She was born on her own on Feb. 3rd.  I also went really fast through labor.  I went from 6-10 in 15 minutes, all because the doctor broke my water.  I had to push without drugs also, but it felt good to shower after the fact.
  • Options
    I had an appointment the day before my due date.  I was 1cm dilated and 80% thinned out.  The doctor scheduled at induction for a week later, but said she believed that he would come on his own before that.  I went into labor about 12 hours after my appointment and had my baby on his due date!  I had no signs of him coming until my contractions started.  I never had a bloody show, lost my MP, nested, or any of it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had an appointment a day and half before going into labor. I was 50% effaced and 1 cm she could stretch to 2. I lost my plug that afternoon/evening and went into labor early morning two days later! I had zero other indications that labor was beginning.
  • Options

I was starting to get pretty desperate towards the end too. And I heard the stories of other people and didn't necessarily believe them. But, here's what happened to me if it encourages you at all!

I had an OB appointment in the afternoon when I was 39w2d. I left in tears because I still hadn't even begun to dilate/efface. All he could say was that my cervix was "soft". He even started talking about inductions.

Friday evening (the next day!) I went into labor and was admitted to L&D on Saturday. So it really can happen even overnight! Hang in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"