Blended Families

ex-husband advice

my ex is out to get me...just found out he claimed my daughter and my son(which he isnt even my sons biological father and he never adopted him either) on his 2010 taxes...i have been the one financially responsible for these kids since june and he doesnt care, and not to mention he hasnt paid me a dime in child support even thought there has been a court order in place since September...so now im dealling with the irs

now i get a call about a dog i adopted last year that he has possession of stating i had a warrant for my arrest for not getting him chipped...i tried to explain that my ex had the dog and i wasnt allowed on his property to get him but they didnt care, either pay the warrant or get arrested so i paid it (i live in illinois, ex lives in texas)..now he wont even tell me who has the dog(he got rid of him with out telling me) and told me to go f*** myself

im at my wits end...i am 20 weeks pregnant and cant handle anymore of his bs...i have issues with my son being diagnosed with add and odd and everything else im about to blow my gasket....why is it that he keeps gettting away with everything and nothing happens to him...just for once i want him to see what it feels like to be on the opposite side but that will never happen cause his mommy and daddy bail him out of everything.

Re: ex-husband advice

• It might help you to stop looking at it as though he's out to get you and more that he's just looking out for himself. He didn't claim the kids on the taxes to stick it to you, he did it because he wanted the money--kwim?

Custody issues aside, a divorce and post divorce life are basically business arrangements. If the dog is in another state, you need to stand up to whoever is calling you and tell them they can come search your property and see that the dog isn't there.

Run your own life and take control. If he's illegally claiming the kids, find out how to report him to the IRS and then take the appropriate steps. If you have a CO, take steps to get contempt charges filed. You don't have to just put up with all of this--there are people who can help you and things you can do. Don't let your XH continue to affect you like this. 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • File your taxes and claim the kids.  You have the divorce decree and your son's birth certificate showing that the ex isn't the biological father, I assume?  You won't be able to e-file but you can file through US 0Mail.  Call the IRS and ask what forms you might need.  They'll review and you'll get credit for your son at the very least (the daughter I'm not sure about since he's the father.  You might get credit or you might have to go after ex in family court or small claims court for the money you would be owed.)

For the dog, find out who you need to see.  You might have to go to court if there is a warrant.  Go, tell what happened.  Tell them the dog was stolen by your ex, who took it out of state and got rid of him so you can't get the dog chipped.  It's no longer in your possession.  If you have to file a police report against ex for stealing the dog (was it yours or could ex claim it was joint?  If it was yours, file a report and show ex you're serious about fighting back.)

As for the rest of it, ignore ignore ignore.  Don't let him get to you.  I'm sure he was an abusive ass during the relationship, so don't let him control you and your life now that you're rid of him.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"