Washington Babies
Options

do you nest, or just bump?

So I belong to this other chat board that branched off of the 0-6 month board about 3 years ago. Its a group of about 100 ladies and we all have watched each others kids grow up online and even though we are all over the country and canada some of us have even met. what I like most about that board is the lots of non baby talk that we have.

However I invited a friend, now ex friend, to join that board a few years ago. Since this friend recently dumped me I dont feel as comfortable posting there knowing that this person who said some mean things to me and treated me so badly is reading them. I dont want her to know things about me and also I find it wierd that when I do post something she responds. example was when I posted about the surprize party my BFF and DH just threw for me. This person replied how wonderful it was and how I must have had a great time. REALLY? like you caer? I dont like mixed messages.

So I guess my question is, do you nest when you want to talk about nonbaby stuff or is this board open to all conversations? I dont want to upset the baord with nonbaby talk (not that it always will be nonbaby) but I looked at the local nest board and I dont know anyone!

Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

Re: do you nest, or just bump?

• Options
    and wth, when did my avatar get knocked up? you think she would have told me!
    Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• Options

This is my main online home for any kind of talk.  I don't post on any Nest boards or other websites.  I personally don't feel that this board has to be all baby all the time.  I don't mind the posts about weather, tv shows, shopping, work, family life, etc.

ETA:  My avatar is f-ed up again, too.  Where's my Shrek?

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lurk on the nest (Money Matters & What's Cooking) but I rarely post there. Most of my posting (baby related or not) happens somewhere on the bump (usually here).
  • Options
    I knot, nest and bump. Yes I still talk to some of the girls on the Etiquette board. I post every once in a while on the nest. There are several different boards on the bump that I post on.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options

I think of this board as "anything baby or not" kind of chat area. 

Spill it Dawn we are here to listen.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't bother with the Nest any longer.  It got very slow and most of the people I knew came over here, so I did, too.  Not only do I not mind when people talk about things other than babies/kids around here, I love it!
  • Options
    I only bump, and I only come to this board.  Talk about whatever you want to here.  I know we've talked about stupid tv shows, so I think no topic is off limits.
  • Options
    imagecmcmillan:

This!   I used to be VERY active on the seattle nest board, but then all the awesome ladies from there came over here and now I dont even know most of the nesties anymore...

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options
    imagecmcmillan:

This!   I used to be VERY active on the seattle nest board, but then all the awesome ladies from there came over here and now I dont even know most of the nesties anymore...

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options

I facebooked all my Knottie/Nestie/Bumpies (have I FB'ed you?  I think I have)

So when I have something to say - I just send out FB messages

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
  • Options
    I am more on the Seattle Nest board than I am on here now.  I feel like now that Tillman is 5.5, I don't belong here.  I will occasionally reply and am part of the fat check in on Thursdays and that's about it.  The nest board is slower, but it's closer knit, I think, since there are less people.  I like it.
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • Options
    I bump here and then I hang out on the craft board on the nest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageDAWNNA76:
    and wth, when did my avatar get knocked up? you think she would have told me!

LMAO- naughty little avatar

I just Bump..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I just Bump. I tried Nesting. Most the gals on there currently I was on The Knot with. They are a nice group of gals. I just felt like there were a half dozen of them that were good friends and I felt like I never understood everything because I missed stuff IRL. I get the vibe from this board that it doesn't have to be all baby all the time. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I lurk on the local Nest board and post a little bit on MM. I see this board as anything goes. If I have a baby question that would be better for a specific Bump board (12-24 months, CDing, etc.), I post there. Otherwise, this is my spot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    image~Lynchie~:
    imagecmcmillan:

Yup - me too. 

• Options
    I agree with everyone else, this is definitely a board for anything! I know I've posted about work stuff and plenty of other completely non-kid-related things. The more posts the better, I say!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options

I've never nested, knotted or anything other than Bumped.  I started on the big bad national boards though, started in first tri and didn't find this board until T was close to 1. 

I have gone to the nest Seattle board and looked at it, but I think that was on accident! LOL.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I only bump. I was on the knot briefly but mostly as a lurker. I've drifted over to lurk on the Nest but feel kind of out of place, I don't know why. I agree with everyone else though, this is a post all board in my mind.

• Options
    I only Bump.  I am on LiveJournal (mostly former knotties) for more private stuff.  I say talk about whatever you want on here!  It's nice to see NBR posts!

• Options
    imageckmommy:

I only bump. I was on the knot briefly but mostly as a lurker. I've drifted over to lurk on the Nest but feel kind of out of place, I don't know why. I agree with everyone else though, this is a post all board in my mind.

Same here.  I feel like an intruder on the nest board, and still feel like a newbie here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bump and only on this board. I haven't decided if I'll venture to anything else, but I only bump at this time.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagedoublem:
    imageckmommy:

Same here.  I feel like an intruder on the nest board, and still feel like a newbie here!

Same here! I still feel like a newbie alot!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"