Pre-School and Daycare

WWYD taking diaper off at night and wetting bed...

Hi there my son will be 3 in May and the last couple of nights he takes off his diaper and goes back to bed w/o it on and wets the bed. Would putting a potty in his room at night be a good idea? I would be worried that he would play in it though. He turns on the light at night and plays sometimes as well. I just wish he would stop taking it off at night!

Re: WWYD taking diaper off at night and wetting bed...

• Friends of ours has this issue, and they ended up duct-taping their kids diaper on at night and it worked for them - he could no longer get it off himself.

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • We put a potty in my oldest DD's room when she was about 3. Switched her to a pull-up and told her if she needed to potty in the night she could get up all by herself like a big girl.  I was shocked that it worked, but it did.  You might also try a small reward in the morning (m&m, skittle- something like that) for keeping his diaper or pull-up on.  Eventually the need for those little rewards goes away with a regular routine & my kids always responded really well to things like that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have friends that did the duct tape thing.  I personally think a potty in the bedroom is nasty and would smell if he used it.  I would stress to your child that if he has to pee at night, he should call you so you can take him to the potty.  Is he potty trained at all?
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • When we started PT, DD slept in a pull up. She eventually started doing that, peeing in it and totally stripping when it felt wet (which I know is sort of the point of it...) I think she partially did it to prolong bedtime because she'd then yell and cry until I came back into the room and it was like our bedtime routine started all over again.

Eventually I got fed up with it because it started happening multiple times each night.  I put a potty in her room and quit pull ups cold turkey and within 2 days she was waking up dry and putting herself on the potty when she had to go. It was amazing and I wish I stopped using pull ups at night time sooner.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We put underwear on over the diaper & DD could not take it off. She was no where close to being potty trained.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"