Breastfeeding
Options

Re: Latch

Does the height of the pillow/boppy/whatever you use have to be a certain height for DC to latch properly or do you think by 2 months, you should just be able to "whip it out" and have him/her latch? DD had latching issues in the beginning and then things got worked out and now, she seems to be resisting again. I BF her on a couch with a boppy (and sometimes she keeps dropping into the hole) and I can't figure out if the height of her face is somehow different now (or as they grow). What do you think?

Re: Re: Latch

• Options

I used me boppy for nursing for about 1 week - after that, I found it easier without! I know find it easiest just kind of lounging now.

I do think it's important to get comfortable and adjust positioning as your baby grows. But it's not uncommon for babies at 3-5 mos to be very distractable at the breast...

• Options
    I could never get th Boppy to work for me, but I LOVE the My Brest Friend pillow. To the extent that I feel uncomfortable nursing without it, which is a problem when I am out and about. However, I have survived nursing DS in an Old Navy dressing room, in the movie theater, and in my car in the parking lot of Walgreens, so I guess when you gotta do it, you just do it. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"