LGBT Parenting
Options

PCP / TTC / ATP Wednesday

Hi everyone! Surfacing to start the Weds thread (and hopefully coming back later to actually post, lol)... So, what's up in your world this week? Successes? Challenges?

QOTD: Are you/do you plan to be a stay-at-home parent or work outside the home (FT? PT?)? Do you like your situation (SAHM/WM) or do you wish you could do the opposite? What's the best thing about being a SAH parent/working parent?

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: PCP / TTC / ATP Wednesday

• Options

Well, this has been a week full of high highs and low lows.

I might get taken to court by my ex's mom so she can have court ordered visitations with A.  She doesn't have a leg to stand on in court from what I've read and what I've gotten from a few lawyers I've been in contact with.  I've also decided to finally get our custody and visitation schedule done and submitted to the court.  We've had a verbal agreement for the past 7 years but now that his mom is lashing out I'm worried that she might talk him into taking me to court for more time to benefit her. 

A has been acting up a lot this week, giving attitude and being rude.  She threw her folder at J yesterday and then threw herself on the floor crying and screaming that she had to pee when J asked her to go in her room and clean her backpack out.  She also snatched a bag out of J's hand when J was handing it to her and then gave me attitude when I questioned her about it.  How in the world do I get her to express her emotions without throwing fits and being so rude?  Is this a normal 7 year old growth thing?

We have a meeting on Friday with the CSW and AM to go over all the details of LO's case and to set up visitations and/or a move-in date.  We had a training class last night with the agency director and she let it slip that we might be meeting LO on Friday too.  I'm not getting my hopes up but that would be nice.  She also told us that we have no idea how fast this is all going to go, the moving in and the actual adoption.  I'm interested to see how this all plays out now.

I'm wondering if the adoption is affecting A and that's what the attitude is about.  She says she is excited but I know there are other feelings she isn't sharing.  I'm going to have a chat with her today since she is off school early and we have a few hours to ourselves.  Maybe a trip to the bookstore for some books on adoption that will help her feel more comfortable about her place in the family.

ETA: I forgot to do the QOTD, oops.

I've been a SAHM for 1 1/2 years and I really enjoy it.  I used to prefer working but being home and taking care of my family gives me joy that no other job could.  I like that I am the one who cares for my child (soon to be children, yay!) and that I don't have to be concerned with daycare and how she is treated when I'm not around.  I am able to teach things that no daycare would and my children benefit from the bond we have.

• Options

This week is going well.  Daycare is close but I'm paying one of the teachers to come in and watch JB.  Yesterday she painted her first picture.  I joked with my co-workers that I'm now a real mom because I have artwork to hang on the fridge! :-)

QOTD: I'm a full-time working parent.  I used to dream of being a SAHM but now I think if I could pick anything I would work PT and SAH PT. For me the best thing about working is having social interaction with people other than my 10m old.  It's nice to have my own finances and work give me a sense of accomplishment different from just raising JB.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have our first ultrasound next Tuesday.  We haven't told anyone besides a few friends, our sisters, and my colleagues.  We are waiting to tell our brothers, my step-mother, K's dad, and more friends until we have the ultrasound and everything looks good.  K is more excited/anxious to tell than I am!  I am kind of surprised (ok..not kind of, I am really surprised) how laid back and relaxed I am about the whole thing.  I figured with my past m/c I would be  nervous wreck.. I think everyone thought I would be - I get 'check-in' calls from my sister and best friend every day.  But, I'm good.  Shockingly..  calm and positive and relaxed.  It is kind of eerie and weird. 

Come this summer, I am transitioning to working from home (right now I work from home part time).  Once the baby is born, I plan to take an extended leave of a year or so to be a SAHM. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Been a good week. Let's see, we are about 3 weeks from our TTC cycle! Yeah!

We are starting our patio project on Saturday. I am overjoyed! Contractor will be over bright and early for plans for the patio and cover.

I would prefer to be PT work/PT SAHM. I doubt that is going to happen. I will probably be WM and I am definitely OK with that. I think the best part of working is the sense of accomplishment, and I feel my child will need more socialization growing up than just me. I also grew up poor, so I want to give my child more than I had. No, they will not have the very best of everything all the time, but I don't want them to have to worry like I did. The best part of SAHM would be getting to see each and every milestone of my child's life, having the time to go grocery shopping and cooking. :)

At this point this is all theoretic, so it may change!

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
  • Options

Carter's been giving us a run for our money for the past few weeks. He thinks he is so freaking funny all of the time. He is constantly pretending to karate chop things, yelling "HIIIIYAAAA", talking about his penis/bottom, running around like a chicken with his head cut off, and generally being annoying. Stick out tongue In typical, twin fashion, Grayson's been at the other end of the spectrum - being uber polite, kind, and gentle.

I've worked full time out of the house since the kids were 4m. I really like working out of the house, I like my job and the people I work with. I had no desire to be a SAHM until the kids were about 3y and I started to wish I was around to take them to cool kids activities through parks/rec, the library, etc. I also wish I could work a shorter work day (currently work 8a-4:30/5) which means we don't get home till 6ish. I would love to be home by 4 so the kids could play and I could actually have time to play and cook dinner. Having less hectic nights would be awesome.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm having a wierd week.  The kids are great (RB is healthy and happy, Daisy is starting to really "wake up" and show her personality, and Sprout's been having fantastic reports from school), but i'm having a tough time. Ugh, i'm just so ready not to be sad anymore.  And i'm sure you guys are ready to stop hearing me *** :P

QOTD:  I currently work FT, 4 days out of the house and 1 day at home.  It works well for us and I've got all the flexibility I need for the kids (sickness, appointments, ect).  In an absolutely perfect world, I'd get to stay home full time for the first year of each child's life then work part time.  I used to think I would love to be a SAHM, and i would still love to be if I only had 1 kid, but with 3 it gets hectic and I know I need the break that work provides.   

• Options

this week has been a big fail. I had a follow-up U/S on Monday to my miserable, 13mm at CD13 U/S last week, and the biggest one was still only 16mm. so now we have three options we're considering, all of which have pros and cons, and I have no idea what to do. we both have kind of the same gut feeling, but that is, of course, the most expensive option we're considering. we're going to try to sit down tonight and talk about it more.

QOTD: we both work. it's not terrible, but it's not ideal--for me, at least. I think my wife would go out of her mind if she was a SAHM, but I would love to be able to be at least a PT SAHM.

• Options
    imagebluedaisyus:

this week has been a big fail. I had a follow-up U/S on Monday to my miserable, 13mm at CD13 U/S last week, and the biggest one was still only 16mm. so now we have three options we're considering, all of which have pros and cons, and I have no idea what to do. we both have kind of the same gut feeling, but that is, of course, the most expensive option we're considering. we're going to try to sit down tonight and talk about it more.

I've been thinking about you a lot. I'm so sorry you're having a tough time. I hope your talk tonight goes well and you find peace with whatever option you decide to go with.

• Options
    Grumble. we're weaning E from the swaddle. Grumble. Boy, that girl has some lungs. That's all I have for today.
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

This week is going well.  I am on vacation so it has been nice to be home.  Today E and I went to the mall to buy S her birthday presents.  It was nice but I am wiped out but at least E fell asleep in the car and I actually got her to go back to sleep in her crib when I got home.  E's newest passion is coloring.  It is so cute.  I need to get her another coloring book since hse has pretty much filled her Thomas the train one.  Oh and she figured out how to turn the light switch on and off in her room so her crib is now pushed away from the wall it looks stupid but we don't really have another  wall to put her crib on.  I need to get a cover for it.

I work full time.  I wish I could stay home but that just is not in the cards.  I hope that when S has another baby I can take a year off of school and stay home with the baby.  We will see when the time comes.  I do have the best of both worlds being a teacher though since I am out of work at 2:30 and have the summers off.  I can pick E up and be home by 3 ish (if I hussle) and we have tons of time to play.  I can't wait until spring when we can stop at the playground on our way home and have some great time outside.

• Options

This week has been good. End of our treatment in PA, and new doc in NJ. I am SO GLAD we went with the MFM (who was happy to take C on). Her bloodwork was not perfect and it bought her a 3hr glucose test and a 24 hr collection (to be completed before her next appt in 3 weeks). Most of it is likely holdover issues from the injectibles and the anemia from barely eating for 5 weeks (she's good to go now), but he wants to be sure.  I am THRILLED we're basically getting a baseline and will be seen a LOT rather than be referred if her BP spikes at 28 wks or something. The only downside with this new doc is he more or less requires C sections for multiples - we are in NJ, land o litigation - but since she only had about a 30% shot at vaginal anyway I'll deal. The plan is to get to 37w (Aug 10). He thinks 35ish is likely given the history of this pregnancy, but I am hopeful.

QOTD: I have no desire to be a SAHM. I am hoping I can adjust my hours and work 8 to 4 or something similar though...I hate getting home at 6:10 and I know I'll loathe it with kids.

• Options

This week has been a bit of a roller coaster. On Friday we got a call from the daycare that another baby had been given Eli's bottle of breast milk.  They told us nothing about what happened, but asked if Kel would be willing to take an HIV/AIDS test. When I went to pick Eli up that afternoon, the other baby's mom was talking to the center director and was clearly devastated. Because she was there and it is supposed to be anonymous, I couldn't ask about what happened. So, we figured we wouldn't worry about it until Monday. I went out with some friends and Kel and E had a quiet evening at home.  I spent Saturday not being able to keep anything down and Sunday trying to get Powerade down.  By Monday I was better, but Eli had his first really fever that turned out to be an ear infection :( I stayed home with him on Monday and Tuesday and he had pretty much bounced back by Tuesday afternoon. Then I started having a bunch of contractions and spent the evening at L&D being monitored. Knock on wood--today I am back at work, Eli is back at daycare where I had a reassuring conversation with the director, and we are all praying for a quiet/healthy end to the week.

QOTD--we both work outside of the home. Kel loves her job, but would also love to stay at home. I love being a mom, but need the structure and adult interaction of my career. I would like to work less so that I had more time to play with the kids, but I am balancing ok for now. 

• Options

I am superly wanting to move forward on TTC, whereas DW is more focused on the long list of things that should be done first.  Its hard to complain when I know she's right and I need to deal with a bunch of them...but I just want to think about babies.

We both would LOVE to be SAHMs.  We suspect this will mean that we both work full time, because I dont see how we could possibly decide who would stay home.  I think the ideal would be if we were in employment situations where we could each work 3-4 days a week, but I don't really foresee that happening.  I've thought about going back to school to become a teacher just for the schedule (I'm a social worker and work with families so this isn't totally crazy)! 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

DD's parent-teacher conference was this morning. She is doing really well and the teacher expects she will start reading by the end of this school year. Wowza! My little girl is growing up.

I work FT and I really enjoy the adult interaction and I'm a single parent, so not really any choice there! Like 2brides, I wish I could be home sooner and have a less hectic evening. This will hopefully improve a bit when we move closer to my work after DD finishes kindergarten in the place she's at now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"