Blended Families

Changing parenting time vs. custody

Without going into the entire history of our situation, can anyone give an opinion as to which would be better. DH's ultimate goal is EOWeek.

Filing to modify current parenting time or trying for joint physical custody??

DH currently has joint legal and the CO parenting time is from when SS11 was an infant. DH and BM have since made their own schedule. We have SS EOWeekend during school year, split holiday breaks and alternate years with the biggies, and EOWeek in the summer.

She has agreed then disagreed then agreed and disagreed so many times for year round week-to-week. SS has been begging both sides for a few years now. SS just asked him a few months back to please talk to BM again.  DH has held off because it did not go well the last time they spoke about this. 

Every other issue (sports, field trips, school, etc) they communicate quite well on. It is more time that BM refuses to discuss.

We live 7 minutes from SS's school and about 10 minutes from BM's home. TIA!!

Re: Changing parenting time vs. custody

• If I were you, I'd file for both increased parenting time and joint physical custody. 

Are you flexible at all with the EOWeek idea? What about every other month or every 3 months or something like that (giving the current NCP something like 1 week night and EOWeekend)?

I ask because I'd resist EOWeek, too. It sounds extremely complicated to me to deal with stuff like school work, projects, extracurriculars, etc with an EOWeek type situation. 

But since I have no experience here I could be totally wrong. I think a few people on this board have dealt with EOWeek.  

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"