New to The Bump
Options

1st Baby

I just found out that my husband and I are expecting.  We are very excited.  We thought we were about 7 weeks, but found out through an ultrasound that I am actually 5 1/2 weeks.  My periods have always been irregular so I guess that is why the due date was off initially. 

Feeling very sick today.  Is anyone else experiencing morning sickness?  I can't tell if this is a stomach bug I have or actually morning sickness.  Can anyone else describe how they are feeling?

Re: 1st Baby

• Options

Congratulations! 

I think morning sickness is different from any other kind of stomach issue.  I felt like the nausea was more like I was so hungry, I felt sick.  And when I felt that way, I could only imagine eating one particular thing and nothing else.  Whenever I have the stomach bug, I don't feel hungry and I can't imagine eating anything at all.

This is my first pregnancy also but I learned very quickly to never let myself get hungry.  Snack all day--and don't worry about gaining weight because most likely you won't gain any.  My favorite snack was Club crackers or oster crackers.  I just munched on that throughout the day and that helped a lot. 

Hopefully that helped!

• Options

I am pregnant with my 1st child. I am now 12 weeks and 1 day (according to my LMP). I found out I was pregnant when I was 6 wks (about a wk and half after the New Year!). It was a total surprise because I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and was told by doctors that it would be hard for me to have a baby. But, last year I had regular periods and still thought it would be impossible to have a baby due to PCOS.

But, when I was 6-8 weeks, I've had nausea and I was extremely tired and slept early in the evenings like no later than 10:30PM and Im usually up til 12am. I've also felt slight cramping and now I'm starting to get back pain and headaches. I have no idea if this is normal or not. I did puke like 2 times after I was about 7-8 weeks. Besides that, no more nausea.

Just eat crackers and stay hydrated if you have morning sickness.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"