Illinois Babies
Options

baptism: banquet afterwards - thoughts? opinions? help?

I'm having a hard time trying to find a nice place to have my son's baptism.  He is due 3/25 but I'd like to start thinking of places now.  I live near Midway Airport but the church we are baptizing him at is located in Little Italy.  Restaurants around that area tend to be slightly expensive and I'm not looking to spend thousands on this party.  So far we have 36 adults + 13 kids that are on our "must" list.  We have another list of "possibles" that come to an additional 18 adults + 3 kids.  The places I've been looking at online so far are:  Carmichael's near Madison & Halsted, Athena in Greektown, La Luce on Lake Street, Pompei on Taylor Street, and Morretti's near the United Center.  Has anyone had experience having parties at these places or can you recommend some more places?  I'm open to having this banquet outside of Little Italy as well.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baptism: banquet afterwards - thoughts? opinions? help?

• Options
    This was so hard for us too.  We cut our list to the minimum and are doing a lunch on the far North side. Are there any Chicago Park facilities near by you could use and cater lunch?
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes there are a couple park districts but they are not very nice at all. I guess I could look into VFW halls, something I didnt think about until just now & then cater food. I would like to cut my list down as well, which I think I might be able to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My company did our holiday party at Moretti's a couple of years ago.  I know we chose it because the price was reasonable and the food was very good.

IL Vicinatos on  Western & 24th has amazing Italian food and is moderately priced.  They don't have a private room but part of their dining area is sort of closed off from the other area and may work for what you are looking for.

VFW Halls are always a nice choice.  Ricobene's caters for a reasonable price and their food is always good too.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'll second the recommendation for Moretti's.  We've never been to one in the city, but DH and I have frequented their locations in both Bartlett and Schaumburg and are big fans.  Good food at reasonable prices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats on being such a good planner :) Since you live so close to midway did you think of any of the hotels in that area? Many of those hotels have restaurants inside the hotel or private banquet spaces and typically the prices are cheaper since you're doing a luncheon/day event. The food and beverage minimum or room rental might be much lower. There is that big Midway hotel complex right on Cicero and it has 3-4 different restaurants and a lot of hotels with different event rooms. It could be worth a call!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"