Health & Exercise
Options

18 weeks and running...

I am still runnning about 30 miles a week... about 830 min miles..wondering how long everyone kept running throughout their pregnancy..One problem I have now come across this week is having to pee about a mile in and then at the three mile mark again.. ugh!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 18 weeks and running...

• Options
    I'm having the same problem- I have had to modify my route to include restrooms! I'm running (I saw running loosely because its much much slower than my usual pace...but motion is motion) about 20-25 miles a week. I just ordered the cutest shirt at Two for Fitness that says Running for Two (and isn't super cheesy) I cant wait for it to come in. 
  • Options

I run also.  I am only 12 weeks, but an finding out needing RR on my route also.  I was reading on runners world that the Gabrialla Belt can help once you get too big.   Thanks for sharing the Running for Two shirt, I may have to get one too. 

https://www.amazon.com/Gabrialla-Elastic-Maternity-Support-Medium/dp/B000ZKE4AM/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1298341480&sr=1-2

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Keep up the good work! 

I was able to run about 30 miles a week up until 31 weeks.  At that point my shins and feet hurt so badly I switched to long walks.   There are some people who are able to run the whole way through, so I'm hoping that this time around I may get lucky!

• Options
    Same thing has happened to me since 2nd trimester... 1 mile in I have to run to the bathroom!!  Still running almost everyday and feeling good... I definitely have days here and there that I feel really tired and sore... but I just take a day or two off and I feel great again... so hears to hoping it keeps up these last few weeks!!
  • Options
    I ran until 39 weeks 4 days (4 days before I delivered) with baby #2.  By the end I was only going a couple of miles each day and found that running on a treadmill was much easier on the joints.  This time around I'm having a harder time getting runs in because I've been sick with a cold for weeks.  But hoping to make it running to the end.  

And I really liked the Gabriella band, used it during my last pg for running.
  • Options
    I ran up until about 24 weeks.  Once I started getting RLP and when my belly popped, running became very uncomfortable.  After that, I switched to walking and biking.  Keep it up (running or another kind of exercise) as long as you can.  I had a quick and easy labor and recovery thanks to being in shape (at least that's what my dr says).
  • Options

I am 27 weeks and still running about 15-20 miles per week, only at a MUCH slower pace than normal. 

Sounds like you are doing great!  I had some of those same bladder issue around 18-22 weeks, but they have actually gotten better, not sure if that is the norm or I am just lucky.

I hope to keep running as long as possible!

• Options

Great work!  Sounds like you are on track to keeping active and fit through out the pregnancy.  That is certainly my goal too.  I have kept it up so far, with a dramatic decrease in speed and intensity.  It is amazing how tired my legs can feel.  I am only 7 weeks, so I have a ways to go to stick with this, but connecting with people like all of you should do it!

My Dr. didn't like the idea of me running :-(  I didn't know what to make of that, since I had done a lot of research and have been running for years and know that with a 'normal' pregnancy this should be alright.  Fortunately she let me bargain with her about running and has given me the go ahead to keep doing it.  Her biggest concern was air pollution (i live in SE Asia).  I can't find much research on that.  Does anyone know anything about the effects of air pollution on pregnant runners?  I am not too worried, as running makes me feel happy and healthy and energetic.  If it makes me feel  that way, I am sure it is good for baby.

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"