Houston Babies

Question about baby dropping

Does the baby "dropping" relate at all to how soon you will go into labor? (please say yes!)Wink

Re: Question about baby dropping

• For me it preceeded early labor, which can go on for a while.  I was induced so I don't know how long that would have been.
  • neither of my kids ever "dropped"
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • she slowly started dropping, but i was induced, so i'm not much help.

it was a relief though because there wasn't as much heartburn and i could breathe again.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son never dropped.....which led to 2 hours of pushing. I hope yours drops.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm cracking up because when i read "baby dropping" I thought you meant literally dropping the baby.  Why?  I have no idea... so in that instance, no don't.

In the way you actually meant and how I'm sure every normal person read it:  As my doctor says -- yes and no.  I could, or it could not.  gah, I hate that answer.

So here's mine!  I delivered about a week after "dropping"?  I think?  I do believe that it leads to the baby coming sooner rather than later because there is more pressure on the cervix to get it all dilating.  But I could be wrong.  I'm definitely no expert.

• I don't know if mine counts because Orion hung out in my crotch the entire pregnancy. ?My ob said he was locked and loaded in my pelvis with his head "right there" at my 36 week appointment. ?I was induced at 38.5 weeks but I would have delivered within days on my own.
  • I should add that I know you are soooooooo miserable and anxious to see your baby....but you are way to early to be hoping for labor! When I was about 36 weeks, I started hoping for it...which was too early too. But, try and relax and that baby will be here before you know it!

I can't wait to see pics of your baby though!! He will be such a cutie!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"