Snarky and T-TTC

I have no sympathy left

I can't even really feel sorry for the Americans killed by the pirates. I know about pirates, and I'm not even sailing around the world. Wouldn't you avoid the areas where pirates are most prevalent, like off the coast of Somalia???

Am I just completely heartless now?

Re: I have no sympathy left

• Maybe they figured they were just in a small boat without any special cargo, so why would they be boarded?

And at least last night, the news reports were saying they were no good to the pirates dead.

Oops.

• From what I read, authorities were already in negotiations with the pirates when they heard gunshots. Not sure what went wrong with the negotiations but the pirates must have felt they were going terribly to kill all four of them.

This might a sick thing to say/think, but if you were a pirate, wouldn't you just kill one, just to show you were serious? All four seems stupid.

• Loading the player...
  • what pissed me off (and I don't remember where I came across this - either the news or the letters page of the newspaper the other day), but someone was bitchhing that Obama wasn't doing enough to keep the pirates at bay and Americans safe.

What?!

I'm no big Obama fan, but why would the goings on off the Somali coast be his jurisdiction?

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Duh Staycee, because if you didn't vote for the president, you can blame him for everything. Of course, if you did vote for the president, then nothing is his fault, even when it really is.
  • Yea I have pipe dreams of sailing the open sea someday but you can bet your sweet ass I'm not going to go swing by the scenic Somali coast.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:
    Yea I have pipe dreams of sailing the open sea someday but you can bet your sweet ass I'm not going to go swing by the scenic Somali coast.

For realz.

• Yeah you would think "Hmmm maybe I should avoid this area"....there is lots of open water out there......
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • No I think you have common sense.  I don't think you are heartless. 
  • imageMysterious_wife:
    No I think you have common sense.  I don't think you are heartless. 

This

imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSerendipitie:
    Duh Staycee, because if you didn't vote for the president, you can blame him for everything. Of course, if you did vote for the president, then nothing is his fault, even when it really is.

lols. That is so true.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have no sympathy in a lot of cases for people who willingly put themselves at risk. 

The only real exception for that case is Service men and women, because they are putting themselves (willingly) at risk on behalf of others.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:

I have no sympathy in a lot of cases for people who willingly put themselves at risk. 

The only real exception for that case is Service men and women, because they are putting themselves (willingly) at risk on behalf of others.   

ITA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"