Florida Babies
Options

free things to do in Orlando with a 7 month old baby??

Hi Ladies,

I will be in Florida (St. Petersburg) for a company meeting and was thinking of heading over to Orlando for a couple of days. MH and DS will be with me and we don't want to do the whole Disney thing b/c he's only 7 months and won't really enjoy it. Is there anything that we can take him to that is free or cheaper than Disneyworld/seaworld etc.?? Any recommendations will be appreciated :)

TIA!! 

Re: free things to do in Orlando with a 7 month old baby??

• Options
    Well, I don't have my baby on the outside quite yet, so I'm not too well versed on what to do with 7 month olds, but I don't really see the point of going to Orlando if you're not going to do some of the "typical" Orlando things, because otherwise the cities are pretty similar. I used to live in Orlando, and I live in St. Pete now, and in the cheap/free department there's plenty of stuff to do in the Tampa Bay area. There's the Florida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo, Glazer Children's Museum, Boyd Hill Nature Park, beaches, parks, etc. For the grown ups, the new Dali Museum just opened here. There are a handful of great restaurants in downtown St. Pete, especially along Beach Drive. Anyway, that's just my opinion, maybe some current Orlando people can give some suggestions too...I lived there for 3 years and now we really only go over there for the theme parks.
    p
  • Options
    imageOneLittleSpark:
    Well, I don't have my baby on the outside quite yet, so I'm not too well versed on what to do with 7 month olds, but I don't really see the point of going to Orlando if you're not going to do some of the "typical" Orlando things, because otherwise the cities are pretty similar. I used to live in Orlando, and I live in St. Pete now, and in the cheap/free department there's plenty of stuff to do in the Tampa Bay area. There's the Florida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo, Glazer Children's Museum, Boyd Hill Nature Park, beaches, parks, etc. For the grown ups, the new Dali Museum just opened here. There are a handful of great restaurants in downtown St. Pete, especially along Beach Drive. Anyway, that's just my opinion, maybe some current Orlando people can give some suggestions too...I lived there for 3 years and now we really only go over there for the theme parks.
    I totally agree. If you aren't planning on going to the Orlando attractions, it would be a complete waste of time/money going there. Nothing that I can think of in Orlando is cheap or free.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsChelseaP09:
    imageOneLittleSpark:
    I totally agree. If you aren't planning on going to the Orlando attractions, it would be a complete waste of time/money going there. Nothing that I can think of in Orlando is cheap or free.
    I live in the area as well..... Most of these things are not free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"