Postpartum Depression
Options

I think I'm a little down... Not sure if its depression or not.

I think I'm a little down... Not sure if its depression or not. But I just don't feel happy overall. I have moments of happiness, but mostly, I'm arguing with my Fiance all day and night, and feeling stressed about everything and anything, no matter how stupid it may be.

I find that my Fiance seems completely worthless to me when it comes to taking care of our child. He can't seem to feed her when he's supposed to, he can't check her diaper, he just isn't the attentive Dad I want him to be. I keep thinking he's seconds away from not breathing anymore...

I'm having serious nights of insomnia, where I will stay up ALL night long, and then go to school even after no sleep. (I'm a 3rd year college student) Then I'll come home and feed baby, and then go to sleep for as long as baby will nap with me sometimes 2 or 3 hours if I'm lucky. Then I'll be up all night long again, and the cycle continues. On the weekends when my Fiance is home he'll watch the baby and I'll sleep for 5 or 6 hours during the day and stay up all night. I've tried staying up all day, so that I'll be tired enough to sleep at night, but that doesn't work, I just end up staying awake for more than 36 hours before I fall asleep out of exhaustion during the day again.

I feel pretty worthless most of the time. I take good care of my child, however, I know me not sleeping and being a total *** to my fiance affects her. I think it's starting to affect her eating and sleeping schedule as well, and I definitely need to find a solution.

We just moved to a new city... I've tried finding moms groups in my area, but I can't seem to find any that aren't a long drive from where I live now. I know I need a friend or two, but its not exactly easy finding someone to connect with. I'm almost 25, most college students don't have kids, and other than going to school, I don't have a real opportunity to meet anyone. I think if I just had "stuff" to do during the day for me and my baby, I'd feel better, but idk what to do. After a while, walking by yourself with your kid gets dull. She's too young to play at the playground still, so what do I do?

Should I see a Dr. or just find some activities? Am I depressed, or just in a momentary slump? Advice would be appreciated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think I'm a little down... Not sure if its depression or not.

• Options
    Stress, insomnia, unhappy... It sounds a little like PPD. But they say the symptoms have to last more then 2 weeks. Look up PPD websites, youll find more info. It doesnt help when you feel like you have no support too. I would say, if it doesnt go away or you feel like it gets worse, dont wait to get help. 
    ''Every cloud has a silver lining.''
  • Options

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone,  I feel the EXACT same way. My DH is actually very helpful with DS, but all we do is argue and I feel like I can't stand him ever since we had the baby. Even though I have lots of people here who care about me and want to see the baby, I keep making excuses so that no one will come over to see us. I just want to be alone!!!!

I'm hoping more people give advice-Like you, I'm not sure if I need to talk to a therapist, need meds, or if Im just in a little slump. Hang in there mama!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"