1st Trimester

Fact or Fiction?

Is it true that you are not supposed to put your arms over your head or bend down towards your feet?  I personally have never heard of this, but a couple of my friends who have children told me that this weekend and now Im freaking out about having my hands over my head.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fact or Fiction?

• fiction.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Our son died at 16weeks 6days on September 22, 2010 The greatest thing you?ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge My Blog
  • um, complete fiction.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • LOL!  I hope its not true because I always stretch out on the couch with my hands over my head!  And I'm pretty sure I bend down towards my feet everytime I pick something up off the ground! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Indifferent

How are pregnant women supposed to wash their hair? I can't believe people actually believe some of these old wives tales...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well I thought this couldn't possibly be true, but all weekend I was asking my husband to get stuff out of the top cabinets for me because i was scared.  And I need to stretch so bad but I was afraid to.  Im just like you babyjaq and I love to sleep with my arms stretch above my head. LOL
  • The things some people will come up with.. lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMereou12:

Indifferent

How are pregnant women supposed to wash their hair? I can't believe people actually believe some of these old wives tales...

Or tie their shoes...

Hmm

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • imagekdwbrownsugar:
    Well I thought this couldn't possibly be true, but all weekend I was asking my husband to get stuff out of the top cabinets for me because i was scared.  And I need to stretch so bad but I was afraid to.  Im just like you babyjaq and I love to sleep with my arms stretch above my head. LOL

I think you have a couple friends who were yanking your chain a bit. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageabartow:

imagekdwbrownsugar:
    Well I thought this couldn't possibly be true, but all weekend I was asking my husband to get stuff out of the top cabinets for me because i was scared.  And I need to stretch so bad but I was afraid to.  Im just like you babyjaq and I love to sleep with my arms stretch above my head. LOL

I think you have a couple friends who were yanking your chain a bit. 

this

• OMG. That is totally true. It's dangerous to wash your hair or stretch. Excuse me while I puke.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Fiction.
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • You've got to be kidding me. I can't believe you're not embarrased to ask a stupid question like this.... Educate yourself.
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • My question is.....are you shitting me???  Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.......
  • imageMereou12:

Indifferent

We aren't supposed to wash our hair either, so it takes care of that problem.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMereou12:

Indifferent

bahahahaha.

never mind the fact that this is just absolutely STOOPID and would make NO sense what so ever but wtf are we suppose to do about washing our hair.

uhmmmm like make DH do it. DUH!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • lol... my grandma told me the same thing BUT she also told me it was in the same book that told her not to use an outhouse near the end of her pregnancy because she might not know she was in labor and have the baby in the outhouse and it fall into the hole. The myth is that the cord can wrap around the baby's neck if you raise your arms up. Don't ask stupid questions. Stick out tongue
    DSCN3691-1

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• There have been a few women on the boards who have brought up people telling them this. Supposedly it causes the cord to get tied in a knot or something like that. Totally not true but it seems like it's a pretty widespread OWT. One lady posted on 3rd tri (I believe) about a lady at the store yelling at her and getting upset because she reached up to grab something. 
  • Its totally true.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My MIL told me this, and always gets mad when I reach for stuff in the kitchen. I tell her the baby's fine, but she still gives me the stink eye for it. Silly OWT's
  • Ok, so I know this is total bunk...

But with my super-low blood pressure right now, I have to sit down to put on my shoes because if I bend at the waist, I will pass out when I stand back up. But thats pretty weird.

• imagejamacattack:
    The myth is that the cord can wrap around the baby's neck if you raise your arms up.

Because the baby's cord is totally connected to mom's...arms...or something...

Everyone knows that.

Indifferent

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I bet you believe your friends when they tell you "gullible" is written on the ceiling.  Or that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary.
  • Well I want to thank the people who responded to this post with helpful and insightful information to my legitmate question that I had.

As for all of the other sarcastic people on this board, what a great way to welcome someone new to this board.  GREAT JOB, but if I wanted sarcasism I would have asked my question elsewhere.  If you have nothing better to say, how about you just keep it to yourself.  THANKS

WOW! This board a WAAAAY different from the HELPFUL knot and the nest boards.  GEEZ!!!

• If you didn't want "sarcasism" you should have asked google.
  • image00tedsgirl:
    If you didn't want "sarcasism" you should have asked google.

lol

Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Natural mc @ 8 wks in Nov. '07, dd born 4/23/11, natural mc @ 6 wks in April '12, bfp 6/11/12...praying for a sticky baby!
  • imagekdwbrownsugar:

Well I want to thank the people who responded to this post with helpful and insightful information to my legitmate question that I had.

As for all of the other sarcastic people on this board, what a great way to welcome someone new to this board.  GREAT JOB, but if I wanted sarcasism I would have asked my question elsewhere.  If you have nothing better to say, how about you just keep it to yourself.  THANKS

WOW! This board a WAAAAY different from the HELPFUL knot and the nest boards.  GEEZ!!!

Aww, did you get your e-feelings all butthurt?

• No I didn't but thanks for asking.  I just know there are mean spirited people even on this board.
  • imagejamacattack:
    same book that told her not to use an outhouse near the end of her pregnancy because she might not know she was in labor and have the baby in the outhouse and it fall into the hole. . Stick out tongue

O.M.G...can you imagine? Can you imagine having to worry about losing your baby down a hole? I think of that show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and they start having a baby while on the toilet...I guess it could happen with an outhouse.

That is pretty funny. 

• @CDK, I know it may come off as Im angry but Im not.  Im a little disappointed... But as my earlier reply post stated I never thought that it could be true because you wouldn't be able to do anything, but I thought "what the heck, there's no harm in asking."  But I guess there was harm in asking.  MY BAD!

There is a difference in giving advise and being sarcastic to the point where the comments come off as being mean. Your most recent post was not mean, it was informative.  Others were just mean.

• imagekdwbrownsugar:

@CDK, I know it may come off as Im angry but Im not.  Im a little disappointed... But as my earlier reply post stated I never thought that it could be true because you wouldn't be able to do anything, but I thought "what the heck, there's no harm in asking."  But I guess there was harm in asking.  MY BAD!

There is a difference in giving advise and being sarcastic to the point where the comments come off as being mean. Your most recent post was not mean, it was informative.  Others were just mean.

Your original post said you were freaking out about putting your hands above your head.   This reads as though you actually were believing it and were worried. 

its not the end of the world, own it, laugh about it,  and move on. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• duplicate

Pregnancy Ticker

• LOL. Either your friends are playing with you or are complete idiots.
  • imagekdwbrownsugar:

Well I want to thank the people who responded to this post with helpful and insightful information to my legitmate question that I had.

Oh honey, just you wait. Keep posting moronic things like this and we'll run you off before long.

• mabst196, did that post make you feel good?  hope so now get over yourself. no one will ever run me off from anywhere.
  • The ability to laugh at yourself when you do boneheaded things (and we all do them) is an important part of keeping your sanity during pregnancy and after you have kids.  Seriously, a sense of humor is probably the most important tool in your parenting arsenal.
  • imageaugustjam16:

imagejamacattack:
    same book that told her not to use an outhouse near the end of her pregnancy because she might not know she was in labor and have the baby in the outhouse and it fall into the hole. . Stick out tongue

O.M.G...can you imagine? Can you imagine having to worry about losing your baby down a hole? I think of that show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and they start having a baby while on the toilet...I guess it could happen with an outhouse.

That is pretty funny. 

When I read the original outhouse OWT comment, I thought -- oh my god, how awful! The poor baby would fall into the shi*hole and drown before the mother could save him!!  

But then I remembered the umbilical cord and realized that, as long as the cord isn't too long, the sh#^ too high, and the placenta doesn't come out right away, the baby would just dangle over the stinky abyss and the mother could pull him to safety.  I'm sure that in the course of human history that's happened at least once or twice.  

I think that image just got burned into my brain.   

• imagekdwbrownsugar:
    mabst196, did that post make you feel good?  hope so now get over yourself. no one will ever run me off from anywhere.

Is made me feel faaaaaaabulous!

• imageflutenewt:
    imageaugustjam16:

imagejamacattack:

That is pretty funny. 

When I read the original outhouse OWT comment, I thought -- oh my god, how awful! The poor baby would fall into the shi*hole and drown before the mother could save him!!  

But then I remembered the umbilical cord and realized that, as long as the cord isn't too long, the sh#^ too high, and the placenta doesn't come out right away, the baby would just dangle over the stinky abyss and the mother could pull him to safety.  I'm sure that in the course of human history that's happened at least once or twice.  

I think that image just got burned into my brain.   

LOL- I have the image of a baby on a bungee cord over a pile of poo in my head right now.  It is hilarious.

• The funniest thing on this post is the posters who have been here forever saying things like "we'll run you off huney pie" or "it can get much, much worse my pretty!"  Hilarious.  The "tough girl" posts are my favorites.

Sometimes, when people are really rude I like to divide their post count by how long they have been here and when I get things like an average of 300+ posts per month for YEARS I typically just feel sad for them.  This is not real life.  It's the internet.  It should not consume  you.  It may be time to take a break.

But, to the OP, many posters here are very nice and helpful....just ignore the ones that have clearly lost perspective on this little internet tool.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"