School-Aged Children

Need help finding dress for DD

My DD is 9 (almost), and is a Jr. Bridesmaide in my brother's very eclectic wedding. I was given a bright pink fabric swatch, told to find something close to that color that was 100% DD's style, and turned loose. Great, right? Well, it's harder than I thought it would be.

DD's style is kind of "rocker girl". If she is gonna wear pink, it's probably going to have black glitter skulls on it. The bride is fine with that (in fact, she loves it) and suggested DD wear her "disco ball" Chuck Taylors with whatever dress she gets. I am just having a hard time finding anything. All the dresses I see with pink tend to be very "girly" if they are DD's size (10-12) and the ones we have seen that she really liked, that were a little more "edgy" tended to be made for girls who were a little more developed. She is tall enough for them, but the bust looks ridiculous.

Does anyone have a good resource for me? Patterns are fine, as long as there is pink, and we started looking now  (wedding in May) so that we can order online and return if things don't work.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Need help finding dress for DD

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"