Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Worried about a sore found on my dog (warning, scrotum picture)

DH was playing with our boxer this morning when he saw a scab on his scrotum. He had a lump (not sure if the sore is on the lump or not, I'm not home to look) and we had it checked since we were worried about tumors and cancer. The vet told us it was nothing and not to worry about it. Anyways, DH found the scab this morning and called saying he wanted to take him in. I asked him to send me a picture to see if it was the same lump I had taken him in for before, but when DH went to go check it out, he noticed the scab was gone. He also says Rufus was licking a little, so it probably took the scab off that way. Anyways, he said its not oozing or anything, it just looks raw and red and a little raised... Anyone know what this could be? We're going to go ahead and take him in on Tuesday to the vet to get it checked, since we dont want to play with something in his private areas...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Worried about a sore found on my dog (warning, scrotum picture)

• i am no expert but is it in the same place as the last lump? Maybe it's the same lump and your dog got it snagged on something and it opened up, like a cyst or something. good idea to take him to the vet I am sure he will be alright, I'm not sure how you can keep him from touching it until tues though, I think he will try to touch it often.
  • No idea what it is, but have you tried an e-collar so he can't lick/bite it?
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagestorybooklove:
    i am no expert but is it in the same place as the last lump? Maybe it's the same lump and your dog got it snagged on something and it opened up, like a cyst or something. good idea to take him to the vet I am sure he will be alright, I'm not sure how you can keep him from touching it until tues though, I think he will try to touch it often.

We have a cone from when our other dog had ear issues and needed it to make sure he wouldnt scratch. lol DH says he looks so sad wearing it, but it just has to be done. From what I can tell (I'm not home right now) it doesnt look like its in the same area as the lump was, but like I said, it could be the way the pictures are. DH also says that there is no puss or anything, just redness. Hopefully the vet will be able to fix him all up! :D

• I say get the dog neutered, unless he's unaltered for breeding purposes.  It's irresponsible pet ownership not to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageablou:
    I say get the dog neutered, unless he's unaltered for breeding purposes.  It's irresponsible pet ownership not to.

I fully plan to stud him out to another tiny boxer and start a mini boxer breed! Wink

I also think its a personal choice. 

• imageablou:
    I say get the dog neutered, unless he's unaltered for breeding purposes.  It's irresponsible pet ownership not to.

I agree.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"