Military Families
Options

Dental Coverage?

DH is an active duty National Guard member.  We are enrolled in Tricare Standard.  Because we are enrolled in Tricare are we AUTOMATICALLY enrolled in the dental program or do we have to enroll?

TIA

Re: Dental Coverage?

• Options
    TRICARE Dental is a purchase plan through United Concordia. I cannot provide links at the moment, since I am working off of my IPad (DH has my laptop on his TDY). But if you google TRICARE Debpntal Reserve you will get sent to the correct link.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    Just a heads up, if you have a dental insurance program through your job, you might want to sign up for that instead, with United Concordia you will pay more with your co-pay than they will pay for the actual procedures. Or use both, you might be able to get off better that way, just don't use UC alone, it sucks. (my personal experience)
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I work at a dental office with insurances on a daily basis. You must purchase the dental seprarately I have had a lady come in a few times thinking her hubby paid for their insurance and she was livid with him for having to pay out of pocket because he is not informed correctly.

United Concordia is not to bad dental work is expensive as is and the higher rank your DH is the less it covers.

Yes some insurances cover more than UC but some do not. Everyone will always have something to complain about but I am just grateful to have a dental insurance UC does not take your cleanings out of your annual max which is very rare in insurances. 

• Options

Dental work is expensive that is the way it works people just need to take care of their mouth and not wait until it hurts.

Unfortunately that is the way people see the dentist I need a filling but it does not hurt so when they return they need a crown or something worse and it costs them an arm and a leg.. Everyone just needs to keep up with their 6 months cleanings so the Dr can always catch things when they are small.

imagetheaustins05:
    Just a heads up, if you have a dental insurance program through your job, you might want to sign up for that instead, with United Concordia you will pay more with your co-pay than they will pay for the actual procedures. Or use both, you might be able to get off better that way, just don't use UC alone, it sucks. (my personal experience)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"