Los Angeles Babies

Ovulation Kits - thoughts?

Hi L.A. ladies,

I feel more comfortable posting this here than on TTC (hope that's OK)...since I might actually see some of you in person one day and can thank you for your input. :)

1) Did you use/are you using an ovulation kit?

2) Which one?

3) Did it help?

TIA

Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ovulation Kits - thoughts?

• I did not use an ovulation kit, but if I hadn't conceived by 1.5 years, I would have.

Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility?  It has some really good info and techniques.  It really helped me understand my cycle and when I'm most fertile. 

Good Luck :) 

• I did and it really helped.  That, coupled with charting my temps on Fertility Friend (which I highly recommend, esp since it's free!) really made it easy for me to catch my O-day.  I started using them when my doc put me on Clomid and we got pregnant in 2 cycles.  I bought the internet cheapy ones, along with packs of pee tests. 

Good luck!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" as well as use ovulation strips.  I tried two different brands (to make sure they were working? *laugh*) and it was helpful to know my charting correlated to the strips.  We were fortunate enough to get pregnant right away - and I think the book helped the most.  It made me realize I ovulate later than the "typical 14 days" most doctors estimate.  We could have missed that window if I didn't do my research!

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies. :)
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Tia! I wholly agree with pregerella! I used Clear Blue Easy OPK kits and conceived on my second month trying. Used in conjunction with Fertility charting (charting your daily temperature) I think you have a pretty good idea of your fertile days. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"