New to The Bump
Options

Question for Dr. Loretta abt "Trouble TTC" vs. "Snarky and T-TTC"

Hi Dr. Loretta,

I noticed you were the moderator for Snarky and T-TTC. I lurk there and on T-TTC a lot but the difference isn't obvious to me. Is it a historical split? Or is it simply as the name implies-- i.e., the women on "Snarky and TTC" are unapologetic and potential posters should know it?

I posted here rather than sending you a pm, thinking others might want to know.

TIA!

Re: Question for Dr. Loretta abt "Trouble TTC" vs. "Snarky and T-TTC"

• Options

A little bit of both. Let me see how much I can remember.

Way back when, there was only the Nest, and there were some baby boards that cropped up. The first was BOTB, and that was the only baby-centric board (my how times have changed).

After BOTB had been up for a while, it was clear that there were different groups within it. Some people had kids, some people were trying for kids, some people had been trying a long time, etc. I think the original TTTC was created then. Then some people said they were TTC but didn't have trouble, and wanted their own board. TTGP was created. In the meantime, there were those who had been TTC for 6+ months, but didn't technically fall into the TTTC category (eg, 12 months of TTC or 6 months if over 35). So a TTC 6+ board was created.

The TTTC group became really tight, and the TTC 6+ group became really tight. And there wasn't much overlap (some, but not a lot; I was active on both boards, but there were definite distinctions). It became clear that the TTTC board was the place to go for technical information on IF issues/protocols, and the 6+ board was a place to blow off steam and talk about things other than trying for babies.

As time went on, the TTTC group realized that they (I should say we, as I was on there for a long time) needed to just admit they were more of an IF board (eg, diagnosed with IF and undergoing treatment), so they morphed into the IF board. In the meantime, the 6+ board was changed to the 12+ board, and briefly to the 24+ board. We were unhappy with all of those designations, as they didn't really represent what was a group of women in some stage of TTTC who, as you so nicely put it, were unapologetic and people needed to know it. We threw out a series of suggestions to the Bump Gods and were granted the designation of STTTC.

Around this time there was also a board explosion. The trimester boards, the different baby age boards, the 35+ boards, the parenting boards, etc. It went on for several months until the Bump decided to cool things off unless there was a HUGE response to a new board. Sometimes a "beta version" of a board was tried out as a sub-board, and if it generated enough interest, it got its own board.

So basically around that time it got broken down into BOTB (a general TTC/baby board), TTGP (for those actively TTC, either for a little or a long time), TTTC (a board I thought was redundant and stopped paying attention to), STTTC (a renaming of the old board where we discussed many, many things unrelated to TTTC), and IF.

HTH

I'm going to toss this over to the STTTC gals to make sure I got my timeline straight ;)

• Options
    Snarky, originally TTC 6+, was started when another board was taken over, like pirates. LOL I believe it was the bfp stories board. We were all tired of the second cycle whiners on GP.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

aaaargh! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"