LGBT Parenting

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

Hi Ladies!  What's going on in your lives in regards to babies/pregnancy/etc?

QOTD - if you could give your child one of your traits and one trait from DW/DH/SO what would you pick?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Today is A's 7th birthday!  Happy birthday to my baby-who-isn't-really-a-baby-anymore!

Our adoption manager should be back in his office today and is going to get in contact with LO's CSW to get the ball rolling on the adoption, we are hoping to meet her soon.

QOTD: A is calm like me which I am very grateful for, I would like her to be outgoing like J.

• E is doing pretty well.  She has been pretty healthy (knock on wood) which has been nice.  She also has been eating and drinking well prob due to the fact that she is not sick!   So project chubby cheeks seems to be working.  She lost weight so is on a high calorie high fat diet right now.  We go back in a few weeks for a weight check.  We are crossing our fingers that she is up.  We have our EI intake meeting on Monday.  It makes me sad that we have to get re-evaluated. but such is life.  I know EI works and is great so I just need to get over it.  We did figure out that E has more words than we thought.  They speak spanish at daycare and we figured out that she says mas (more), pero (dog), and gato (cat) now that we are listening for the words we are catching them.  Our daycare provider is going to give us a list so that we can share those with EI.  I am pretty sure we will qualify since she should have about 30 words at 19 months and she has under 10.  I also think with some work she will catch up in no time.  I am interested to see how she has progressed in her other areas though and while the testing stresses me out I enjoy seeing what she can do and where she falls.  They no longer adjust her age so it is interesting.

As for traits I hope that she is outgoing like me (which we are pretty sure she is) and athletic like dw.  The donor was/is athletic so there is a chance my clutzy genes will be hidden (we hope)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Things are status quo with the kids. LOTS (and lots and lots) of bathroom humor, talk about penises, bottoms, etc. They think it is so funny - but we are trying to temper it (with little success) and talk about private parts of our body/appropriate language, etc. Boys, sheesh.

I hope they get L's intelligence ability to learn to do most anything and my optimism and laidbackness (which isn't a word, I know!)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • QOTD: The loving part of my heart and C's intelligence...Ghandi and Mother Teresa come to mind........*SMILE.*

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagenevr2amazin:
    Ghandi and Mother Teresa come to mind........*SMILE.*

Love this, n2a!

---

Wow, what isn't going on. Henry has his first tooth, he came closer than ever crawling today (though he is already getting around a bit without the crawling), and I think he is changing his entire routine. Um, yeah. Crazy.  I kind of feel like Henry and I are having a collective "Ah ha moment" today. 

He fought going to bed last night FOR-EVER, but then slept until 7 and stayed awake until noon. Lately, he'd been getting up at 6, MISERABLE, and refusing to go back to sleep, but needing a nap at 8/8:30.  So I knew he needed more sleep, but moving his bed time earlier and earlier wasn't helping.  So I'm thinking he needs to go to bed a little later, like he did last night (his bed time had crept up to 6:30/7 - I think he needs to push it to 7:30/8), so he can sleep until 7 like he did this morning, and he wants to go down to one nap, since he wasn't ready to nap until noon.  So basically an entirely new routine.  We'll see...

QOTD: I hope he gets my love of music and my imagination (I was always playint pretend as a kid!), and I hope he gets C's studious nature and quick wit. Okay, so that's two each [;p]

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Saw DOS BABIES yesterday at the ultrasound.  I think because we dont want to know the sex our ultrasound pics end up being crappy . Is this possible.  They were both measuring  perfect  4 oz and 5 oz and their lil hearts were 152 and 157. The Dr also checked Melanie's cervix and said it looked perfect. We go back every 2 weeks . 

Melanie thinks she can feel them moving finally inside her, I feel nothing.  I  am still playing music for them and talking to them.  Cant wait to feel them though... This thurs we will be 16 weeks.  Seems like it took us forever to get her and now it seems like its flying by. 

QOTD: According to Melanie she would give them my  honestly and compassion and her creativity and laid backness

I would give them my tenacity and outgoingness and Melanie's calm and collectiveness. 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • imagebutterflygrooves:

Today is A's 7th birthday!  Happy birthday to my baby-who-isn't-really-a-baby-anymore!

Happy BIRTHDAY  A  have fun at UNIVERSAL !!!!!  Party!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • I have an appointment for a follie check in about 45 minutes. we'll see what shows up. if everything looks good I'm guessing we'll have the IUI either Friday or Saturday. I'm kind of hoping for Saturday because my wife can't go with me on Friday (monkey has his 15-month appointment that morning, too), but Saturday means delaying some other plans. so we'll see.

I think the boy is finally totally over his R.SV. last night he was running around and giggling like a crazy man, and climbing up on the coffee table, scooting around and laughing.

• See above.  :-)

I hope Gwen gets Trav's sense of humor and my optimistic outlook. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Ky is army crawling ALL OVER the place. Today she started trying to pull herself up on the entertainment stand and pull out the xbox games....

We have decided to move ahead in TTC#2 with Ann. Our cycles kind of alternate so we will know if she is preggo before I o again. So I might try if she is not....

Me: My  ability to be calm in a crisis...Ann panics like majorly

DW: Her ability to make friends easily....I am a complete and hopeless introvert.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Our son K is 8yrs...and thinks he knows everything! lol Everyday is a new lesson and a new reason to smile.  We have been TTC, and actually are able to test in 2 days!  I feel like I've maybe got some signs? But I also feel like I want it so bad that I might be reading into symptoms....fingers crossed though :) 

Traits....I would want our baby to get my humor and from SO...her adventurous nature.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"