VBAC

I had my first prenatal appointment with my CNM.

It went well!  Standard first appointment stuff, and we talked about VBACs again, which had previously discussed back in the summer when I switched to her and had my yearly exam.  Hospital rules are I have to have an IV heplock, but not necessarily an IV, and I must be on CFM but she gets all her patients out of bed and I'm allowed to use the ball and mill around my room.  Thank GOD, because when I was induced with DD they never offered me the change to get out of bed except to use the bathroom.  Ugh.  I'm allowed to go to 41 weeks, then she will try to induce me with a foley bulb (if I need it) and pitocin, but I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that. 

The only thing I wasn't crazy about is that she is probably going to start cross-covering with a pair of other CNMs near me, which is good, because they're also very VBAC friendly, but I'm going to be sad if she's not the one that's catching my kid, ya know?  ALSO, she had a 100% VBAC rate last year (BOOYAH!!!) and she's 3 for 3 so far this year, too. 

That news made me do this:

I feel like I'm in very good hands.  Smile

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
Sarah - 12/23/2008
Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage

Re: I had my first prenatal appointment with my CNM.

• Yay that's great!

Does the hospital have telemetry monitoring?   

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't believe so, unfortunately, but she made it very clear that would not mean I would be stuck in the bed.
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!  I wasn't stuck in bed with her and could use the ball/walk around, etc.  I heard she was going to have back-up MWs, but really I think she needs that.  Poor woman never takes vacations!  As long as she is around, I think she'll be there.

How any VBACs did she have last year?  She is becoming the VBAC master!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • imageGeekchick921:
    I don't believe so, unfortunately, but she made it very clear that would not mean I would be stuck in the bed.

Awesome, sounds like she is really going to work with you for a healthy, happy birth. :) 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMAprincess:

Yay!  I wasn't stuck in bed with her and could use the ball/walk around, etc.  I heard she was going to have back-up MWs, but really I think she needs that.  Poor woman never takes vacations!  As long as she is around, I think she'll be there.

How any VBACs did she have last year?  She is becoming the VBAC master!

She's going to cross-cover with the two at Valley Birthplace, and she said if things go through as she thinks they will, I will probably go see them a few times as well.  And yeah, she needs the help.  She was like, "I really need to, because my kids are now old enough to do really fun stuff and I'm just sitting around waiting for women to give birth."  She needs her life, too.  

And I know, right?!  She said she only had 8 last year, but dude, 100% success rate!  And then she said 3 for 3 this year, I wish I had thought to say, "Well, I, for one, would HATE to break your streak."  Smile 

Oh, MA!  That reminds me, I mentioned her to you and she was trying to figure out who you are (I didn't remember much about your kids or anything).  Would you mind PMing me your first name or something?   

Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

• Sent you a PM!  Don't go stalking me all over town nowWink
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • that sounds really great, and what awesome VBAC stats for her!

and even though i was constantly monitored, i was able to labor on a ball and rocking chair.  my L&D nurse was awesome at working with me to get me out of bed and keep the monitor on, so it is possible..

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"