2nd Trimester

Um, blue cheese sauce??

Hi

I know blue cheese is a no go during pregdom, but what about a sneaky dollop (or several) of chunky blue cheese sauce?

I LOVE the stuff and am craving celery sticks and blue cheese sauce but will avoid if I have to....

Anyone?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Um, blue cheese sauce??

• If the sauce is prepared by cooking it, then its probably ok. If its made cold, with raw blue cheese, then probably not. I can't stand blue cheese, so I don't pay attention to how the sauce is made ;)

Oh, and I assume if its store bought in a bottle that it has been pasturized, but it should say thtat on the bottle.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Blue cheese is fine as long as it is pasturized. Most blue cheese dressings are pasturized and heated blue cheese is okay too.

ENJOY!!  I love BC and just had some this afternoon. yum!

• Loading the player...
  • Oh excellent, thank you!

I bought it from Ralphs, bottled so most likely ok.  I mean if it was bought from the deli counter, then I'd hesitate and leave it right there...

But if you had some today, then I have to have some too.

thanks both!

• imagenic5606:

Blue cheese is fine as long as it is pasturized. Most blue cheese dressings are pasturized and heated blue cheese is okay too.

ENJOY!!  I love BC and just had some this afternoon. yum!

This..Just make sure it's pasteurized
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• oh p00, it doesn't say on the bottle whether it's pasteurised or not...

So should I assume it is or isn't?

• no, no soft cheese especially blue veiny ones...I know, it sucks since I only just got to LOVE blue cheese and cambazola and all other cheeses now forbidden...

• Hubby made me a blue cheese sauce a bit ago - we just made sure it was fully cooked and used a pastuerized blue cheese.  As a side note, the cheese lady was very pregnant and said she had unpasteurized cheeses throughout her pregnancy.  Don't know if I could do that, but it was worth a note.
  • imageShoobieDoobie:

no, no soft cheese especially blue veiny ones...I know, it sucks since I only just got to LOVE blue cheese and cambazola and all other cheeses now forbidden...

You can have soft cheese as long as its pasteurized. Most cheese in the  regular market is. The only place I can get unpasteurized here is in the specialty cheese shop. 

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • You CAN have blue cheese....just make sure it is pasteurized as pps have said.  Most blue cheese you will find at restaurants, grocery stores, etc are pasteurized, so most likely you will be fine.  I've had blue cheese and blue cheese dressing several times during this pregnancy. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageejmay01:
    You CAN have blue cheese....just make sure it is pasteurized as pps have said.  Most blue cheese you will find at restaurants, grocery stores, etc are pasteurized, so most likely you will be fine.  I've had blue cheese and blue cheese dressing several times during  pregnancy. 

this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you look in the salad aisle, near the fridgerated salad dressing section, you can fine Marie's blue salad dressing.  It's pastuerized.  That's my go-to when we're eating wings at home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"