Birth Stories
Options

Mommy's Caul Girl

I haven't been on in over a month. But here is a short birth story of my little girl.

Piper Amelia was born on July 18th, 2010 at 6:50 am on a Sunday morning. I had roughly 24 hours of labor, the last 12 hours were hard labor.

Piper was born in the Caul. Meaning my water bag never broke and she came out inside of it. My nurse and doctor were so excited about this, that they called in every staff member working to come and see, as my daughter was coming out. Now that was something else having everyone stare while i was pushing. haha. But, I was told it was rare and a good omen for a baby to be born in the caul. Either way the experience was amazing and life changing.

She weighed in at 6 lb 13 oz, head 13 1/2, length 19 1/4

She is as healthy as an apple and the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life. She is now 5 weeks old and currently sleeping in her basinet. It has been wonderful.

Here are a few pics when she was 1 week old.

My fav Pic... makes me laugh!

Re: Mommy's Caul Girl

• Options
    That bottom pictures is the cutest thing! Congrats on the gorgeous baby girl!
  • Options
    She is beautiful! Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for sharing your story.  The top pic is BEAUTIFUL!  Also love her name.

congrats 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is lovely.  that is really cool that your water never broke.  What a story!
  • Options
    Possible dumb question... what is the caul?
  • Options
    Go to caulbearer.org - pretty cool stuf!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.
  • Options

What a beauty! Love her name.  Congrats! 

p.s. I had not heard of the caul thing...cool!!

• Options
    I gave birth to my 4th child 3 days ago, he was also born in the caul. He was born at home before the midwives arrived, my husband and mother-in-law delivered him. My mother-in-law has actually kept the caul and is in the process of preserving it. It's thought that only 1 in 80,000 babies are born with the membrane intact!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"