Military Families
Options

PCS and mail??

So we are stationed at Miramar in San Diego right now but just got PCS orders to leave in 2 weeks.  We wont have a home or address when we leave until we get there and finish getting our home.  So my question is what am I supposed to do about my mail? Have it held? Do an address change and have it sent to my parents for a bit? I dont want it to pile up in the mailbox here and never get it.  Thanks in advance
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: PCS and mail??

• Options
    We had ours held until we had a mailing address and then just filled out a change of address form then.
  • Options
    so I should do the hold mail form...then fill out a change of address form...then stop the hold on the mail? lol  sorry things are so stressful right now I need to just make sure =)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thats pretty much what I'm thinking.  I would probably turn in the mail hold form in person here in CA and ask them what they'd recommend, but a mail hold is probably where I'd start.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    thank you both!!  this has been helpful!!
  • Options
    Just an fyi, you can always call 1-800-ASK-USPS if you need more help/advice.  They can answer questions for you and set everything up over the phone if that is easier for you.  PS - They are more intelligent than your local mail clerk, promise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • Options
    I always put a hold on our mail for as long as they allow which I think is 30 days. You may not need that long but it's best just in case. Then when you get your new address you just mail in the change of address form. That usually automatically lifts the hold and starts to forward your mail. I usually do everything online now though.
  • Options

imageleslie13510:
    We had ours held until we had a mailing address and then just filled out a change of address form then.

This!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"