New to The Bump
Options

Baby #1 and can you say..NERVOUS?!?!?!

Ok, this is my first baby. I'm ten weeks and Super excited that in two weeks my first Trimester will be over! However I am very nervous about being a mommy and having the actual delivery...My husband is very supportive and worries about me often everytime I am hurting or feeling sick..I get worried too...My sister just had a baby and it was very hard for her to get pregnant and we got pregnant right away, things are going great so far and I'm scared because if things are great now doesn't that usually mean something bad will happen?? We had our first ultrasound last week and it was very emotional to see our little "butterbean" and the baby evan moved!!! The doctor said that was a great sign...Should I be so worried???
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby #1 and can you say..NERVOUS?!?!?!

• Options

imagehaileywindham:
    things are going great so far and I'm scared because if things are great now doesn't that usually mean something bad will happen??

If you read that sentence over again you might realize how silly that is. Of course you arent *destined* to have something bad happen just because things are going great right now!! Just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! Even the dr. said everything was looking great.

• Options

things are going great so far and I'm scared because if things are great now doesn't that usually mean something bad will happen??

No, don't be ridiculous. Things are likely to continue to go very well. I'm not sure wehre this superstition is coming from.

The doctor said that was a great sign...Should I be so worried???

No, or you'll end up missing out on the fact that you're having a great pregnancy and you'll end up miserable.

You're almost out of the first trimester. You'll get to start a baby registry soon, and have a shower, and prepare yourself for the birth and beyond. You're going to have a little person who will grow from a lump who doesn't do anything to a walker and a talker, just in the first year. Is it always going to be sunshine and roses? Probably not. But you may as well enjoy the ride or you'll drive yourself up the wall.

Chill. Enjoy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

No, you shouldn't be worried!  I got pregnant very quickly as well and haven't had any major issues (besides morning sickness but that's pretty normal).  Just take care of yourself the best you can and don't worry about the things that you can't control.  Worrying doesn't do anything but cause you stress!

I'm sure it's entirely normal to be nervous about being a mom and the delivery.  It's a huge life change--even if it's one you were trying for!  This is my first baby as well so I know how you feel.  Like I said, just take care of yourself the best way you know how and don't worry too much!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"